Fed up with fleas!! What do i do???

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
They are on flea drope k9 advantage. This is every summer.
I tried my golden on every topical medication they sell. He has bad flea allergies and only thing that worked was oral Meds... he gets Trifexis and I haven’t seen a flea on him/my cat/or anywhere in my home since. Just FYI topicals bread resistance very quickly

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I tried my golden on every topical medication they sell. He has bad flea allergies and only thing that worked was oral Meds... he gets Trifexis and I haven’t seen a flea on him/my cat/or anywhere in my home since. Just FYI topicals bread resistance very quickly
Can you still cross contaminate with oral meds?

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Can you still cross contaminate with oral meds?
Don’t think so. I’ve had Ts and my Golden for the same amount of time with no problems. He is always around my spiders too bc he follows me and watches when I’m working with them.
it simply works unbelievably well. No down side except its price, about 20-30$ depending on weight. Then again the name brand drops are in that same range so...
Trifexis also treats heart worms and intestinal parasites. Hence the TRI-.
if you have a lot of ticks in your area then Nexguard would likely be a better fit as it kills ticks and Trifexis doesnt

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
VERY careful use of diatomaceous earth? Water/ liquid pretty much neutralizes DE so its easily removable once you’ve treated and left it a couple of days.

Do more research before just taking my word. Exposing your Ts will kill them.

Newtot

Arachnosquire
Update!!! I have made a vet appointment to get the good chewable meds for my dogs, I have treated my yard. I know that isnt the best with the ts but I'm not touching their enclosures without washing my hands. My dogs were going outin the morning and coming in COVERED in fleas! Hopefully this wrks and doesnt hurt my ts