Favourite T's And Why?

creepa

Arachnoknight
O holy night!
The Goddess is brightly shining
It is the night of the dear Goddess birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till She appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary soul rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!

Fall on those rear legs
Oh hear Her hissing voice
Oh night divine
Oh night when the Goddess was born
Oh night divine
Oh night divine

Led by the light of that burrow serenely beaming
With glowing hearts by Her cradle we stand
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming
Here come the wise Theraphosidae from African land
The Goddess of Gods lay thus in lowly manger
In all our trials born to be our friend

Truly She taught us to love one another
Her law is love and Her hissing is peace
Chains shall She break for the upcoming Goddess owner is our brother
And in Her name all oppression shall cease
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise Her holy name: Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her)

Dude u high??, give me some...!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
My favorite of the ones I currently own is G pulchra. The little thing is just so gosh-darn 'happy' all the time.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
There are just too many cool Ts for me to pick one.
I am fond of the Baboons and the H.pulchripes are colorful.

But then my B.albopilosum girl is a looker too.

I can't see how anyone can just pick one. :)

Abyss

Arachnoknight
There are just too many cool Ts for me to pick one.
I am fond of the Baboons and the H.pulchripes are colorful.

But then my B.albopilosum girl is a looker too.

I can't see how anyone can just pick one. :)
Haha i picked like 5 or 6 lol no way to pick just 1

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
My GBB is awesome, just didn't add it to the other list due to OP having one, already. 20161025_233333.jpg

And I adore my AF H. villosella! 20161008_203429-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I am currently loving the Psalmopoeus genus. The Pulchers are my early favorite. They sit right out in the open and do lots of webbing in the plastic plants and cork bark. They are growing fast too. I would recommend them over any other NW arboreal T when everything is considered.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I am currently loving the Psalmopoeus genus. The Pulchers are my early favorite. They sit right out in the open and do lots of webbing in the plastic plants and cork bark. They are growing fast too. I would recommend them over any other NW arboreal T when everything is considered.
I want to pick one of these up! I need a little bit more experience with arboreals first but definitely want to own this whole genus someday. The first time I saw a pulcher I fell in love, something about their colors and all that fluff :) It's good to hear that they're usually out in the open!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I want to pick one of these up! I need a little bit more experience with arboreals first but definitely want to own this whole genus someday. The first time I saw a pulcher I fell in love, something about their colors and all that fluff :) It's good to hear that they're usually out in the open!
I am finding them easier on the care than Avic's. Mine don't seem to have the "extended" pre-molt starvation confusion like Avic's. Unlike my Avic's they have vertical web tubes which makes feeding much easier from the top of the container. When smaller size they retreat down into the nest when the container is opened. But as they have gotten bigger they barely retreat or even move forward in curiosity of what is going on.

EDIT* But one thing to remember is this genus has slightly more painful venom than most other NW T's.

Last edited:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
•OBT, super easy to care for, hardy, and if the enclosure is set up correctly... you will never have to worry about their fierce attitude.
•A.metallica, larger avic, calm, and quite beautiful
•B.vagans/A.Genic, fast growers, nearly impossible to overfeed. best feeding responses.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I love them all so very much. But, if I had to pick a favourite, it would be Grammostola pulchra... hands down. I fell in love with them when I got my first adult female over 15 years ago and they are still my favourite today.
Onyx2.jpg

I am really loving my Avics, though. I never thought I would have the arboreal species, but my mind was changed with this beautiful girl that came in a package deal from a guy online. I had to take both spiders and I don't regret it for a second. It was love at first sight.
DSC06816-2-2.jpg

mistertim

Arachnobaron
This is such a difficult question to answer. It all depends on the "category" I think

For pure looks I'd say either my H. pulchripes or P. metallica
For eating response, my A. genic
For laid back attitude, my E. sp red
For webbing either my GBB or my L. mega (though the latter isn't actually a tarantula)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Agreed with @mistertim. My most beautiful, best feeders, and most active aren't necessarily my favourites. I suppose each of my Ts is special or I wouldn't keep it. lol