Everybody tune into Jay Leno!

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thought I'd let everyone know...

Thursday January 30th, Jay Leno is having a 9 year old tarantula expert on the show, just thought id let everyone know incase you want to tune in...it might be really cool who knows.

Mark

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL what happened? I could swear i had a different title to the thread. Someone change it? hehe i'm confused

Mark

Last edited:

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Cool! I wouldn't have known as I don't normally tune in to Leno, but I will to see this. My daughter will get a kick out of this.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Elizabeth is a wonderful 9 year old. She and my daughter Shelby, have corresponded by email over the last year or so. She knows a staggering amount about tarantulas, and the show is sure to be AWESOME!
How could I have forgotten to post about it here?!
Bad me!

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she's gonna be a STAR!!

Here's a pic of Elizabeth, holding one of my female A. versicolor, this past summer down at a show in Chalmette, LA right outside of New Orleans.
She's a little sweetie, and smart as a whip too. She gave me a G. rosea hatchling, that she actually bred and produced!! It's got a little certificate with it too! It was the cutest thing ever!

I can't wait to see her on Leno! :D

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, what was i doing when i was 9...?

good for her! hey holley, since the girls are obviously somewhat internet-literate (since they are corresponding online), then maybe you can convince them to come join the group here. :) i'd be interested in hearing what they have to say.

kellygirl

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Shelby wants her own account here, just can't figure out how to do that on this computer. I'll have her ask Elizabeth to join here as well.
You get interesting perspectives from children that age!

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: she's gonna be a STAR!!

Originally posted by Swifty
Here's a pic of Elizabeth, holding one of my female A. versicolor, this past summer down at a show in Chalmette, LA right outside of New Orleans.
Great pic Kelly. You know Elizabeth is an awfully cluey young girl, she lectures at various high schools about tarantulas as well (keep in mind she's only 9 yrs old!). She's homeschooled by her mom and she's a close friend of Stephen Hawkings personal assistant, whom she converses with regularly about Hawking's theories. Definately not your average young girl. She hopes to one day be a tarantula systematist and I'm sure she'll succeed.

Everyone, make sure you get to see young Elizabeth in action, you'll be watching one of the hobbies future geniuses at work.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: wow, what was i doing when i was 9...?

Originally posted by kellygirl
i'd be interested in hearing what they have to say.

kellygirl
Hi kellygirl,

I'm Dannye (Steve's wife) and just wanted to let you know Elizabeth and her mom Susan do quite a bit of posting over on the Women's Tarantula Alliance group. If you're interested you can find us here. Granted, it's just girls over there and I'm sure everyone would love to talk to Elizabeth, but for those chicas who might be interested just thought I'd inteject.

Cheers,

Dannye Nunn

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL I thought i made this forum...see how i am the first post? WHat i think happened is that the moderators saw that there were 2 same threads and just made them into one - notice our first 2 posts would imply that they were the first posts of a thread like this so i think they were merged into one.

Mark

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lmao!!! I thought you or somebody hacked into it ;P yep we must have made he same thread... lol!! That is friggin' weird!

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I'm trying to psych myself up to be able to stomach even a few minutes of Leno...but y'all are selling me on it...;)

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Re: Re: wow, what was i doing when i was 9...?

Originally posted by Steve Nunn
Hi kellygirl,

I'm Dannye (Steve's wife) and just wanted to let you know Elizabeth and her mom Susan do quite a bit of posting over on the Women's Tarantula Alliance group. If you're interested you can find us here.
Dannye Nunn
I just joined !! Cool. Yup, am girl. :D

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As far as I know, the only way to "log out" to have another account log in is to delete all of your cookies. You'll have to do it each time.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And you know...I thought they meant a person who has been a tarantula expert for 9 years, heh.

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: Re: wow, what was i doing when i was 9...?

Originally posted by Steve Nunn
Hi kellygirl,

I'm Dannye (Steve's wife) and just wanted to let you know Elizabeth and her mom Susan do quite a bit of posting over on the Women's Tarantula Alliance group. If you're interested you can find us here. Granted, it's just girls over there and I'm sure everyone would love to talk to Elizabeth, but for those chicas who might be interested just thought I'd inteject.

Cheers,

Dannye Nunn
That's so sexist.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: wow, what was i doing when i was 9...?

Originally posted by whoami?
That's so sexist.

Whee!!!!
Dannye, here we go again!
Whoami....this has already been done...if you were on ATS or Arachnid World, you'd know this ;)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, you're right, it's sexist. This is my husband's nic and he enjoys Arachnopets so I'll leave his nic to him. If you would like to harangue me personally about sexism or any other ism, please feel free to e-mail me personally at dinah_damage@yahoo.com

Thanks!

~Dannye Nunn, sexist wife of Steve Nunn