Escape P. regalis... I think I'm going crazy.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She doesnt to be too bothered by what happened either... which is kind of disappointing in a way knowing it wont drop them should this happen again... which I'm hoping it wont... I plan on going to pick out a locking cabinet tomorrow.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She doesnt to be too bothered by what happened either... which is kind of disappointing in a way knowing it wont drop them should this happen again... which I'm hoping it wont... I plan on going to pick out a locking cabinet tomorrow.
You're not giving her enough time.

What type of bomb did you use? How big is the house? How many did you use?

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're not giving her enough time.

What type of bomb did you use? How big is the house? How many did you use?
Oh I know shes far from being fine... Just I would expect her to be alittle twitchy or something...

This is what I used. http://www.killsbugsdead.com/fop_fum.asp

I setup two for the house. It says it treats rooms 16x20 I'm in the smallest bedroom which is 9x13 we have a large living room and kitchen. So really I used way less than I should have.

I found her outside of the original room but I believe thats because the door was cracked open because I put one in there by itself.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm very very glad you found her!

I recently helped clean out a bug-bombed house, all of the spiders that were living were just very, very slow and lethargic, not spazzing out or anything.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep us posted on this over the next week or two. It would be interesting to know just what the long term effects are.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Chastising someone about irresponsibility AFTER THE FACT isn't necessary, when there is danger still lurking.
Actually, I think it's a very good idea to offer constructive criticism on how to prevent this from happening again. It also provides a helpful suggestion or two to other readers who may be in a risky situation but not recognizing it, or who may not know what they can do to reduce the risk.

That said - I've found unexpected baby tarantulas crawling along walls outside my tarantula room, precisely because I don't have an escape-proof barrier isolating the room. In fact, I generally leave the door open unless we have visitors who shouldn't enter the room. But.... I don't have children in the house either. And some of the animals with the most injurious bites (large Scolopendra heros) have been captured "in the wild" in other rooms of the house anyway.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
I'm really glad you found her. I was thinking about it all Monday night. The whole locking cabinet is a great idea.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
glad you found her...jeez id go nuts if a regalis was loose in my home...i have a dog whose scared of his own shadow :mad:

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just got home and she is in a death curl. So it basically took 3 days to finish her off from the fumigator. Which I suppose is useful information for people in dire situations like I was in.

Draychen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're VERY hardy creatures. I've seen what 'appeared' to be a M. mesomelas hit with some pretty tough stuff (Commercial spray around the pet store to stop the roaches from escaping and breeding with the common roaches found here). It went 'DKS like' within the first few days. It was placed in an ICU by the pet store and within a couple weeks it recovered.

murinuskeeper

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry you didn't find her before you did the bug bomb, but you really had no choice. No one wants a fast T on the loose when other parents(or your own) kids are around. The children's safety must come first. Sorry for your loss.