E. campestratus question

HydraShok

Arachnopeon
My PZB cost 73.00 (48.00 for the spider) including shipping from e-spiderworld. I asked one of the people there how old it was. He said at 3.5 inches it was probably 5yrs old:eek:! Wonder how long it will take to reach adulthood? Probably another 4-5 yrs. Got a Chaco Golden Knee on the top of my list now. Probably buy the 6" they have, because I hate waiting.:D

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Hope so...he has 4" PZBs for $50 right now including shipping...

A few months ago I paid the about same amount for a sexed female though.

Jeff

HydraShok

Arachnopeon
$73 US was what I paid. The spider is listed as a 3.5 inch PZB it is a guaranteed female for $48 on the site, but that does not include overnight shipping.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hinckley?! im in minneapolis!

and theres stores around us that sell them for MUCH MUCH cheaper!!!

post some pics of your campestratus! :)

peace
dave

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by HydraShok
My PZB cost 73.00 (48.00 for the spider) including shipping from e-spiderworld. I asked one of the people there how old it was. He said at 3.5 inches it was probably 5yrs old:eek:! Wonder how long it will take to reach adulthood? Probably another 4-5 yrs. Got a Chaco Golden Knee on the top of my list now. Probably buy the 6" they have, because I hate waiting.:D
I have a 1/4 inch Chaco sling who looks like she's about to molt. I guess by the time she'll have reached adulthood, I'll probably be heading for retirement.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, um I have one too.:rolleyes: A 5.5 inch female pzb, CB. She's a real sweet tempered T- no aggression whatsoever

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i know i can get an inexpensive G. pulchra sling, but i don't want another baby! WAH!!!!

i want a larger, more handleable T. (sniffle)

i know, i can't help but be whiny. i got spoiled by the 1 1/2" SWEETIE curly hair i got.

i want more biggish Ts.

-whine-

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I believe I saw that one of our certified arachnodealers has some captive bred adults for sell around $100... I can't remember who it was that had them though. They sure are sweet Ts, or you can check the ads and you might find one that way too, maybe a juv that is larger but has a way left to grow.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
see, i hate to say this...but i will never spend over $50 on a T. with the risk of it being male it is just NOT worth the money.

birds, yes. reptiles, yes. Ts, i just can't bring myself to do it. :( especially when i worry about getting a possibly moody T that i couldn't handle.

i've bought all my other animals in person except for two cresteds which are sweet anyway so i knew i could handle them.

i am leary about getting internet Ts and then risking the fact that they won't be handleable. to me, that's why i wanted them in the first place.

sincerely,
former arachnophobe :D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey skadi -

i think the more you get into this, the more you won't mind getting a male ( i think ;) )

once you get satiated from the "bigger T" itch, i think you'll realise breeding deals are great!!

you get half an eggsac back and then you've got tons more little slings!!!

i understand though (about wanting a bigger T now)... maybe save up and shoot for a pulchra!

i bet you could talk someone down $10 or $15 =D

peace
dave