E. campestratus question

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
okay, first off, has anyone ever heard of a non-docile PZB? just curious.

second of all, are these usually WC in the pet trade? apparently the sling i got from swifts was CB, but he just got in some WC larger ones and i am pining desperately for this gentle, beautiful T.

would appreciate swift (har har) responses. :D

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bryan ( of Cronoss Exotic Bugs) had an immature male that neither one of us could get near. This guy was a Pink Bitey Thing. I would have to say that this was an exceptional individual, because all of the others that I have encountered were pretty mild- mannered.

John

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
These seems to grow much faster from slings than many other species, there might even be several CB adults out there. I first got 3 quite small slings, ¼", last year and the are varying between 2-3" LS right now. Non are adults yet, but I think the males should be mature by this time next year

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes, one of my aub-adults (one more molt!!!) would like nothing more than to slough hair off and try bite you.. but she's beautiful nonetheless...

remember, not every "docile" T really is docile! They're pretty cool looking T's though.

but you gotta love em anyways! :) Did you encounter a huffy- PZB skadi?

peace,
dave

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My juvenile female PZB is the most docile tarantula I've ever seen.

I've never heard of any CB adults either. Probably because the species has only recently been bred in captivity.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my other PZBs, as you well know, are just pure docile beauties.. I don't think i could ever try to goad them into biting me if i wanted to. I wouldn't try it, but seriously, reaaaaaal docile.

are you getting more T's skadi? Be honest!!! :)

peace
dave

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never heard of any CB adults either. Probably because the species has only recently been bred in captivity.
I have a 5.5 inch CB female.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know one of the big dealer guys has an adult CB.. or had one.. im like 99% sure

pce
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
oh no no, haven't encountered any undocile ones. ;) my baby PZB is still tiny and SO sweet and shy. :D

i just love her to death.

i was just wondering because these are SOoOo pretty and i'd just love an adult one. (sigh) they aren't overly expensive either, but i just wanted to make sure the odds against getting an unfriendly one were very high.

please dave, every day i long for another T...who are we KIDDING here? lol. didn't you see my most-wanted list?

G. pulchra
A. metallica
A. avicularia

a few others, but those are the ones i want most...oh yeah, and an E. camp adult. ;)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
oh no no, haven't encountered any undocile ones. ;) my baby PZB is still tiny and SO sweet and shy. :D

i just love her to death.

i was just wondering because these are SOoOo pretty and i'd just love an adult one. (sigh) they aren't overly expensive either, but i just wanted to make sure the odds against getting an unfriendly one were very high.

please dave, every day i long for another T...who are we KIDDING here? lol. didn't you see my most-wanted list?

G. pulchra
A. metallica
A. avicularia

a few others, but those are the ones i want most...oh yeah, and an E. camp adult. ;)
I own all those as slings. Well except for my Pink Zebra Beauty female who is an adult. Gypsy isn't shy with flinging hairs when my cats get too close too. But other than that she hasn't bitten just for the sake of biting. And males do tend to be more aggressive than females unless you've pissed of a female Dodoma Baboon (Which the petstore had labeled as a Kilamanjaro Baboon.) by tampering with her web.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, seeing as i never plan on owning a baboon, i will take that information and file it away to use as future warnings to others. ;)

hehehe, i like mine as docile and friendly as they come as i truly enjoying handling them.

i was a certified arachnophobe and handling them really helps me continue keeping my fear to a minimum.

so, i try to go the route of more docile Ts and hope for the best. thanks for the advice though...(grin) i don't think i'll be messing with ANY webs though.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a 5" female Pink Zebra and she is far from docile. She was one of my first T's, which I actually bought labelled as an L parahybana (go figure?). I went on for about 3 months thinking she was a Salmon Pink Birdeater. Was dissapointed at first, but now she is definitely one of my favorites.

She does a cute little dance when she rears up, her rear end sways back and forth and bobs up and down. A sight to see! Never seen anything like it. She will also slap the ground loudly to let you know to leave her house alone.

Jim B.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you know something skadi, you say you're never gonna own a baboon, right?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ;)
you can't get away from us...
oh you'll own one, you better understand that now ;P

and you'll own a blondi.. and crawshayi.. and a parayhybana.. and an incei...

i'm just joshing, but seriously, are you going to get an adult pzb? they're cool as all get out i think.

peace
dave

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
you know something skadi, you say you're never gonna own a baboon, right?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ;)
you can't get away from us...
oh you'll own one, you better understand that now ;P

and you'll own a blondi.. and crawshayi.. and a parayhybana.. and an incei...

i'm just joshing, but seriously, are you going to get an adult pzb? they're cool as all get out i think.

peace
dave
I own a Dodoma Baboon and an Usambara Orange Baboon. I want a King Baboon though. Am I crazy?

HydraShok

Arachnopeon
I just got my 3.5" female PZB today and yes she is very docile and "friendly" likes to climb out of her pen and onto my hand/arm. At first I used a plastic hanger to gently nudge her and at most she ran away, never threatening or flicking hairs. I can tell I'm going to love this one. I gave her an hour and a half to settle in after Airborne Express dropped her off. I was apprehensive that she may be in a foul move after the trip but she wasn't. I put a mealworm in her tank but she didn't give it a second look. Must not be ready to eat yet. She is very healthy looking however. GET ONE!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
man...don't do this to me guys. :( (sniffle)

i would LOVE a PZB adult...but i must wait...(sigh) the pet sitting business is not paying as well as i'd hoped it would, at least at present.

so...alas. if i had the money (yes i KNOW they are NOT that much, but with shipping that's like at least $50) i would have a PZB adult and name her Cuddles. :D

for now though, i must wait...ALAS!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
man...don't do this to me guys. :( (sniffle)

i would LOVE a PZB adult...but i must wait...(sigh) the pet sitting business is not paying as well as i'd hoped it would, at least at present.

so...alas. if i had the money (yes i KNOW they are NOT that much, but with shipping that's like at least $50) i would have a PZB adult and name her Cuddles. :D

for now though, i must wait...ALAS!
I know what you mean. I have several 1/2 in. slings for very pretty looking species like C. fasciatum, L. cristatus, L. parahybana, A. geniculata, etc. that I have to wait a long time before they reach maturity.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by HydraShok
I just got my 3.5" female PZB today and yes she is very docile and "friendly" likes to climb out of her pen and onto my hand/arm. At first I used a plastic hanger to gently nudge her and at most she ran away, never threatening or flicking hairs. I can tell I'm going to love this one. I gave her an hour and a half to settle in after Airborne Express dropped her off. I was apprehensive that she may be in a foul move after the trip but she wasn't. I put a mealworm in her tank but she didn't give it a second look. Must not be ready to eat yet. She is very healthy looking however. GET ONE!
My 5 in. Adult PZB Gypsy loves her excusions out of her enclosure. Why she's even fallen asleep clinging partially to the side of her Pet Pal in the corner.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
dude...falling asleep like that? that is too cute...okay, now, all of you, STOP with the cuteness. i mean it! i do NOT want to hear about ANY more cute things concerning Ts you got it?

:p

cruel beasts that you all are....(sigh)

it is enough to know that some of you have PZB adults that are docile and sweet. (wipes tear)

it is also a tragedy to me that G. pulchra are so FRIGGIN expensive!!! they're BLACK and they're DOCILE!!! wwwwhy the high price? (sob)

it just is not fair... :(

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
dude...falling asleep like that? that is too cute...okay, now, all of you, STOP with the cuteness. i mean it! i do NOT want to hear about ANY more cute things concerning Ts you got it?

:p

cruel beasts that you all are....(sigh)

it is enough to know that some of you have PZB adults that are docile and sweet. (wipes tear)

it is also a tragedy to me that G. pulchra are so FRIGGIN expensive!!! they're BLACK and they're DOCILE!!! wwwwhy the high price? (sob)

it just is not fair... :(
Don't worry. Your time will come soon when your little sling will reach adulthood. I'm just hoping some of my other slings are as handleable as my Gypsy. I'm thinking my Chaco might be a good candidate or my Chilean Copper. Greenbottle is too much of a spaz to be handkeable. Hmmm...maybe I'll name her Spaz.

I own a G. Pulchra sling. Slings aren't that bad pricewise. You might want to look into it.