E.campestratus Love - PICS (seirously, how sexy is this bug?!) :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright.

so this is quickly becoming my favourite docile T species -- its nice to be able to hold a T once in a while.. can't with the other kids :)

but s/he's beautiful! eating great, nice and friendly -- climbs the hell out of anything...

great T! so post your E.camp pics! here i start!!

peace,
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THE T THAT ATE MINNESOTA!!!! SEE THE FEAR IN THE EYES OF THE GUY IN THE CANOE!!! WATCH AS IT CLIMBS UP 20 FT TREES!!!

:)

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would, but don't have a digital camera. Nice to see pics of your T.:D
I have two adult female E.camps, but they don't look as nice as yours. Possibly because I believe they were wild caught. Mine are NOT like yours in temperament. They do NOT enjoy the human company & I would not attempt to handle them as they are extremely skittish! I got them because I had heard such great things about them, but guess I got the ones that are the exceptions. :) They are, nevertheless, interesting to watch, to say the least.:D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I myself own a really huge adult Pink Zebra Beauty named Gypsy. Despite the fact she has a few deformities like nasty scar tissue on her rump and a missing teletarsus which fell off due to the fact it had been bent at an odd angle, I still love her.

Attachments

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely beauties......... that first picture looks doctored or something! Is that one fresh out of a molt?

kellygirl

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pics Godz!
i can't wait till mine get older!!!!

and beth -- have you been bit by yours? I've found that, with the T's i've raised from eggsac to adult, T's can be very used to handling..

again, i'm not real big on handling any of my Ts, i think it causes them some stress, but we'll never know i guess.

at any rate, i have, like i said, noticed that the ones I raise get very used to handling-- thats one way to do it.. it takes some time, love, care and much stress on the parent :)

i want to see more PZB adult pics! my kids are kept pretty damn nice, too!

lets see more pics!
peace,
dave

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The only time I've ever been bit by Gypsy was when my sister surporised me with a unexpected visit while I weas handling Gypsy. She was accompanied by my loud neice and my sister's best friend. Needless to say the friend was freaking out and my neice was yelling "GYPSY!" at the top of her lungs which scared Gypsy quite a bit. Gypsy then bit the nail of my finger with a dry bite. She did not poke my flesh. So I quickly out Gypsy back into her enclosure before the three people who were giving her stress could make her scurry out of my hand and hurt herself.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
damnit that sucks....

at least it was a dry bite, right?

geez, i couldnt even imagine forcing my campies to bite me! seriously, i bet you could play hockey with them and they wouldnt even brush an uritcating hair off ---

im actually looking forward to the time i get bit by my campie.. i mean i've had her since she was just out of the eggsac, and i'm going to have her untill she kicks off, and its only right that she nips me once :) =D

seriously though, there are some beautiful colorations of the PZB. from soft pink to some deep reds -- and those legs -- damn...

im holing out for a softer pink, salmon-y myself

peace,
dave

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well it's not that I aggravated her. It's just that my sister, her friend and my neice were being as loud as they could. That and when she did bite me it was on my nail so I felt absolutely nothing, especially since it was a dry bite. I think the depth of terror concerning tarantulas and the ignorance pisses me off sometimes. I tried telling them all to quiet down or Gypsy was going to get terrified and bolt. But they were hardly listening to me. Next time my sister needs to call me before she visits so I can properly deposit Gypsy back into her enclosure beforehand.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
damn..

well good thing it was on your nail, too --

hey i've noticed a little energy spurt every now and then when the PZB gets spooked .. She's a pretty slow walker/climber/eater, but when i accidently spook her, she can kinda go quick man!

she doesnt BOLT by any means, i mean, seriously. But your Gypsy bolts? Is she fast or slow normally? I've seen some real slow ones, and i've seen some faster ones.. i wonder what gypsy is..

peace,
dave

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She can be pretty fast but not too fast that she runs the risk of launching herself off my hand like a Cobalt would. All in al I try to be as quiet as I possibly can when handling her. Plus I don't play anything like the TV or music when holding her. She doesn't particularly like the vibrations from those two luxury items.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kelly --

Nope, hasn't molted since 3.17.03 -- I just keep my bugs nice and healthy :)

they're really beautiful T's, ihave to admit.. i saw some other sub-adult PZB and they were kinda jenky and scruffed up -- i make sure to keep mine nice and healthy!

i'm hoping for a molt in the next couple weeks! what a great way to end a move to another city -- all freshly molted T's!

thanks for the compl, Kelly -- she really is a beaut!

peace,
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh yeah,

Kel: I forgot: the pics ARE NOT doctored at all...i wouldn't have time to sit and add all that hair and beauty in :)

peace,
dave

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't have a PZB yet....maybe it's near time to change that. :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey pategirl --

you want me to take some more sexy shots of my girl to sway your thoughts into the realm of BUYING A PZB SLING!!!

in fact i will, right after she's done munching on this little cricket!

peace
dave :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ready PG?

alright Pategirl... here's some more to make your heart swoon :)

peace,
dave (can i be patedave? I'm cool, seriously. i'll send a pic of me and stuff :) )

First, we have a really cool sun/shadows arty shot of PZB

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and here's another -- you can't really tell in the picture, but in certain light, they really eminate a beautiful, soft pink colour, especially around their joints... beautiful!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
back on track with another shot -- are you taking out your wallet yet? :)

peas,
dave