Dwarf Tarantula Genus and Species List

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@zeeman going to work on your intitail suggestion to improve the thread, I was updating it and writing some boiled down basic care notes for the genera on the intial list and Ill try and get permission for photographs to along with that for the species that that is possible for!
Nice, hopefully it won't be an issue doing so. It'd be nice to have a photo catalog reference for the little known guys, pun intended.

Lizardfreak

Arachnopeon
Cyrtopholis cursor
Pseudhapalopus sp. “Colombia”
Hapalotremus Albipes
These three I have that I didn’t see on this list. Are they just small? They were advertised as dwarf 🤷‍♀️

hexxinghour

Arachnopeon
for cyriocosmus

aueri - are decently commonly available
sellatus - rarer but a couple available in classifieds rn
venezuelensis - semi available

i spent a few hours yesterday going through all 23 species and seeing what was in hobby currently

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I saw 1 or 2 davus mentioned, but i think most of the genus is a dwarf sp. And the theraphosinae sp. Panama was said to be a Davus sp aswell, by the theraphosid research team or whatever it was exactly.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I saw 1 or 2 davus mentioned, but i think most of the genus is a dwarf sp. And the theraphosinae sp. Panama was said to be a Davus sp aswell, by the theraphosid research team or whatever it was exactly.
They dont quite meet the smaller size criteria for this list, getting over 3inches sometimes to 4inches and the Theraphosinae sp. panama is included, I wont include it as Davus as that was not a proper taxonomic classification; it is still undescribed and I wont change to a different undescribed name.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +

Kirundo

Arachnopeon
I'd love to see this thread updated since I have a thing for dwarfs and am always looking out for new ones...

Those three came into my mind...

Idiothele Mira - Blue legged Baboon
Sahydroaraneus Raja - Indian blue dwarf
Davus Pentaloris - Guatamalan Tiger Rump

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I'd love to see this thread updated since I have a thing for dwarfs and am always looking out for new ones...

Those three came into my mind...

Idiothele Mira - Blue legged Baboon
Sahydroaraneus Raja - Indian blue dwarf
Davus Pentaloris - Guatamalan Tiger Rump
Thanks for the reminder on updating this I forgot!!

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
So, there were three genera that were moved from Barychelidae to Theraphosidae and they are all dwarves. However, they aren't in the hobby as far as I know so, if you want to include their names just out of curiosity, they are:
Cyrtogrammomma
Psalistops
Trichopelma
(If I remember correctly, lol).

I also have a C. monticola, can post a few pics here later. :)

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
So, there were three genera that were moved from Barychelidae to Theraphosidae and they are all dwarves. However, they aren't in the hobby as far as I know so, if you want to include their names just out of curiosity, they are:
Cyrtogrammomma
Psalistops
Trichopelma
(If I remember correctly, lol).

I also have a C. monticola, can post a few pics here later. :)
first genus has been sold before