Dwarf Species Thread

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is for anyone and everyone to post in.

This was suggested in another post and I thought it was a good idea. I'm not sure what is concidered dwarf but I'm going to go with any species that in general does not get over 4 inches when mature. Does that sound about right?

I'll start with my H. incei sling. It's around 1/2 inch in these pics.

Heres my P. scrofa. It's only about 3/4 of an inch here. Nice mirror patch too.

And this is my C. fasciatum. It's around 1 3/4 to 2 inches.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At the expo. I saw a 4.5-5" female Cyclosternum fasciatum.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
At the expo. I saw a 4.5-5" female Cyclosternum fasciatum.
Thanks for the correction. I've heard that but I'm just not sure whats concidered dwarf. This will be a good thread to answer that question.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No problem, I didn't know they got that big until I saw that one. That one was a monster and beautiful at that!

Thanks for the correction. I've heard that but I'm just not sure whats concidered dwarf. This will be a good thread to answer that question.

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phlogiellus baeri from south-east asia gets to only 2 to 2.5" LS. one of the true dwarves.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are a few dwarf species. I'm suprised the elegans has not been posted in here yet. I feel like this is my thread. I hope others have pics to add of their dwarf species.

C. elegans

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres one I don't know much about. It's size is close to the elegans above.

C. flavostiata

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The point is that they can be found in one place instead of searching for something we don't know to look for. I personally would like to know all the dwarf species but I have no idea how to find them all because I don't know all the names. If others would post pics then those of us that don't know would learn. We can't learn if we don't know what to look for. I really hope others will post some pics and info on their species.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Ornithoctonus sp. "Koh Samui" These guys reach approx. 3" max. They are obligate burrowers and will look very similar to Ornithoctonus aureotibialis when grown, but they lack the orange tint on the front legs.

Yamia sp. "Koh Samui" Reach approx. 2". They are also burrowers and they create alot of webbing also.

Cyriocosmus elegans

I also have H. incei but I don't have any recent pics of them, they never come out of their holes.:)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pics Lorgakor. The first two I've never seen before. Where did you find them? Thanks for shareing.