Dolichothele diamantinensis egg sac

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
As for a breeding attempt, my Dolichothele diamantinensis female mated with @CommanderBacon’s male back in mid April. Several months passed, and nothing happened, so we both came to a conclusion, it was not successful.

Then yesterday, my female was webbing so intensely, and I thought it was preparing to molt, for it’s last molt was October of last year. Instead it made somewhat like an egg sac if I am not mistaken. I can totally see yellow eggs right in the middle.

3AEBFFDD-E128-4FAE-97DB-B38E09397761.jpeg

EFF5D338-9EB9-4216-97FC-138A1D29208A.jpeg

This is my first breeding attempt ever. Thus I have no idea if the egg sac is even fertile or not. Only thing I know for sure is the egg sac was made yesterday.

So what’s next?

Last edited:

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Congratulations!!! Usually it’s wait 30-35 days and take it from her and cut it open and put the ewl in an incubator. I haven’t read up on these so it could be shorter or longer or other factors but I’m still waiting on my first 2 to drop so I’m speaking from what I’ve read not personal experience

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Yay congrats! Haven’t bred this species but wish you luck! Lovely species

edited to add this link, this breeding report is very detailed. Hope it helps!

Last edited:

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Congratulations, Hopefully you will have success with the sac.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Yes. Congrats on the sac.Especially with this species.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good news for sure- let me know when you’re ready to sell!

Whatever you do- please don’t sell them for crazy jacked up price, no need to sell these for more than 40$

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That'd be an eggsac. Personally I would leave it in with the female instead of incubating. Good luck.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for all the feedbacks so far. I do have one more question. Do you ever try to feed the female? Or should I wait till the egg sac hatches / pull?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
What do you think happened. Infertile?
Normally when the egg sac is made, the female keeps rolling the egg sac, but this species make a hammock like egg sac, and will not be rolled by females. Thus what I should’ve done was to keep the enclosure a bit more humid I assume.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Sorry to hear that it didn’t plan out.But hopefully the next sac works out for the better.