DKs, of course.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well it looks like another one of my Ts has it. Im so furious. Im seriously considering just selling them all. It really ticks me off that I put all of this time into building up a nice collection just to have the damn things die off.

I have a video uploading now. I will post it in a few minutes so you guys can give your opinions on if you think its DKS or just a skittish T. I know this T is skittish, but now its just running around in one place. Looks mighty damn familiar.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My computer is acting up so I will try to upload the video tomorrow.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really hope it isn't. I'm sorry for the losses you've had, and hope there aren't any more.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
mate, it is not you're fault, you cant give up now... i no it aint easy losing a T... but were would those spiders be now... in the wild having spazms, not one single person who cares or with a good owner who does...

keep collecting these amazing animals my friend, dont give up on you're self, its not you're fault ... keep you're chin up mate

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Huff, I sent you a PM. Wanted to run a couple things past you that sound a lot like a few experiences I had to see if there are similarities.

Joe

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Report it here. Also don't give up. I'm sure there are some things you can at least try out before throwing in the towel.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well there havent been any cats or dogs in the room for months. Im going to start getting feeders online. Maybe its the pet store crickets. Who knows. Time for dubias I guess.

Its even more of a bummer because I have been raising this little guy from a 2nd instar sling for more than a year. He is the largest of the group. He definitly has it. Video uploading now.

Im afraid to buy any expensive Ts because of this. And if any of my prized adult females get it...I will be so bummed out because I raised a nice number of my females from slings too.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Video (if the embed code works)

[YOUTUBE]9kGHh_gUHMU[/YOUTUBE]

Also, Im NOT the type of person that pokes at bugs for the fun. This was my way of making him move to display the behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hate to say it, but it really does look like DKS.

How long have you had that sling, and when did the behavior start?

And what is it?

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ohh how sad poor little H Mac. I don't know what it is but I am sorry. :(

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hate to say it, but it really does look like DKS.

How long have you had that sling, and when did the behavior start?

And what is it?
Heteroscodra maculata. I have had it over a year. Since it was 2nd instar. Behaivor started just recently.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I'm sorry to hear that.
I just picked up a 5" A.Metallica that Had/has a slight Case of DKS (I dont know how bad it was before I got it..)but It survived a molt and only shows a slight case of it. Hopefully your little guy pulls through.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I don't mean to be rude, but maybe the cause of all your T deaths could be something you're doing? Maybe some chemical or something in the enclosures. Just the amount of Ts you listed isn't even imaginable.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Fixed. Here is a tutorial

As for DKS, I'm sure it is environment-related. I also recommend you stay away from petshop crickets. They are, more often then not, very unclean.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Fixed. Here is a tutorial

As for DKS, I'm sure it is environment-related. I also recommend you stay away from petshop crickets. They are, more often then not, very unclean.
Could my Ts get DKs because I feed them pet shop crickets? My parents won't let me have a small Dubia colony.