Disrupting Molting Web?

Justamarshmallow

Arachnopeon
My little girl has been fasting for two weeks and had a swollen dark black abdomen so I suspected she was ready to molt. I watched her make her web bad on the ground before I went to bed. The next evening (24 hours later) I saw her on a leaf and thought I saw her old exo in the web so went to get it but it turned out to be some moss she had brought over...

My question is will she refuse to molt now that I disturbed her web? Or will she use too much energy trying to build a new one and not molt properly?

DeanK

Arachnosquire
Should be fine IMO but next time just leave it alone. The old exuvia wont cause any problems if left in there for a couple of days

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Seems fine to me. Some T's don't even need the web bed to molt, just makes it a little comfier for them :) If she really wants it, I'm sure she'll make another one. What T is it?

Justamarshmallow

Arachnopeon
Not trying to bump the thread intentionally, but she emerged from her molt and she's now bigger than an american dollar coin. She's growing so fast. So beautiful.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I own a big 5.5" female G. pulchripes, which is similar in care to rosea. Never owned a B. smithi, but have seen many at reptile shows and in videos. Trying to get into big NW and OW T's, still love looking at the classics :)

Justamarshmallow

Arachnopeon
I own a big 5.5" female G. pulchripes, which is similar in care to rosea. Never owned a B. smithi, but have seen many at reptile shows and in videos. Trying to get into big NW and OW T's, still love looking at the classics :)
She sounds lovely! Do you have a link to any pics? I hope to grow my collection too. I might become a crazy spider guy haha.

Justamarshmallow

Arachnopeon
Same XD Here are some nice pics of her, had her since I was only 5. Her name is Yellow Knees. I kniw, original right? ;)
What beauty! She looks so healthy and happy! That's amazing you've had her so long! I hope I have mine for a long time, too! I'm new to the hobby. I've only had Judith for 4 months and Azriel for 1 and 1/2.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
What beauty! She looks so healthy and happy! That's amazing you've had her so long! I hope I have mine for a long time, too! I'm new to the hobby. I've only had Judith for 4 months and Azriel for 1 and 1/2.
Both are pretty hardy T's, but be prepared for the long haul ;) 20+ years in some cases, so good luck. Btw, if you didn't know, G. rosea will go on fasts for months on end for no reason other than to limit the growth speed to molasass... Also have B. emelia, and Brachys are a staple for many collectors. Love mine.