Differences between king baboon and red baboon

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Aside from being different species I have no clue on difference between them, I want to get them both but I am not sure which one is better, can anybody please help me

P.miticus
H.gigas

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
h gigs should be kept very humid lots of sub. p muticus lots of sub more kept dry. But you should not get both since they are fast and potent and you have slow and species with weak venom

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah theyre similar, but also very different.

Both are, or can be, very fast...gigas is far more inclined to use that speed, muticus is more likely to hold ground and posture (although gigas may very well). Gigas grows really fast, muticus grows really slow....muticus prefers dry, gigas prefer damp...both require deep sub and both are master tunnel builders. H. gigas is a far more aggressive eater as well. Gigas may swim in a deep water dish, muticus will not.

Both look better than you may expect...but the muticus cinnamon brown is really really cool.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Hey cold blood I had a question, what do you do with your slings when they outgrow the deli cups

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@cold blood nailed it.

True gigas is more of a deeper brown colour. It will turn rust red before a moult. Both are very bold specimens and are highly strung. H. gigas will make use of an indoor pool and can be kept communally until mid juvenile stage. The growth rate differences between them are ridiculous.

.. PS they are both fantastic baboons spiders and if you dont own one, you need to get eith the program :rolleyes::p

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Cue for the raving Italian in 3....2...1... @Chris LXXIX

@OP, it comes down to a simple choice really. Do you want a fast growing, speedy angry baboon, or a slow growing, really really angry baboon who hisses?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Aside from being different species I have no clue on difference between them
!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the differences that exists between a Rolls-Royce and one of those crappy U.S old station wagons cars of once with that sort of "wood" on the car door sides.

Sure, the first Captain 'no taste at all' Obvious of the street would say: "both are cars" but this wouldn't been like a sort of armed assault with rape included, in front of Poetry, Beauty, Art, Nobility...? :cigar:

but I am not sure which one is better
!!!!!!!!!!!!

My eyes can see thy heretic words, but my heart refuseth to acknowledge them in this amazing sunny day!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@OP, it comes down to a simple choice really. Do you want a fast growing, speedy angry baboon, or a slow growing, really really angry baboon who hisses?
They are both amazing sp.

They are both super high stung, bold, bulky and both stridulate like hell.

I know Chris will never agree Though they are really similar.

Ps I'd be pissed too in this situation

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I know Chris will never agree Though they are really similar.
(genus) Hysterocrates are devoted warriors of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus, sort of cyborg soldiers that will sacrifice their 8-legged life when the final battle, Mutigeddon, will start, for reach later the heavenly burrows as einherjar :-s

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I got a surprise freebie H. gigas as my first OW.
Yeah theyre similar, but also very different.

Both are, or can be, very fast...gigas is far more inclined to use that speed, muticus is more likely to hold ground and posture (although gigas may very well). Gigas grows really fast, muticus grows really slow....muticus prefers dry, gigas prefer damp...both require deep sub and both are master tunnel builders. H. gigas is a far more aggressive eater as well. Gigas may swim in a deep water dish, muticus will not.

Both look better than you may expect...but the muticus cinnamon brown is really really cool.
:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Talking about adults specimens, I can say to you that based on my experience with those, H.gigas are by far more shy and always prone to return fast as light in their burrows, when they're out in the open (rare but happens, it's a false statement that "you will never saw those" based even upon the dislike that sadly exists for O.B = Obligate Burrowers).

I don't think I've had/I have a more shy Theraphosidae than my female H.gigas, aside for Megaphobema robustum.

Yes, ok... the re-house or moving part, maybe for a sale etc (btw IMO a re-house should always be kept to minimum or for serious issues, since the better in their final enclosure, the best for those T's) but one moment every Baboon, Asian etc could be 'fun' to move.

The difference I've noticed is that a huge female P.muticus rarely, if never, would jump out of her burrow for "investigate" (cleaning, refilling the water dish...) but when they're out (and my baby loves to take a walk out, sometimes, in full tranquility) not always those will retreat like H.gigas down under, but stand, hiss, and fight :-s

smitje

Arachnosquire
I think everybody should have at least a few baboons. Especially first time owners! I really like to read the bite reports. :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I got a surprise freebie H. gigas as my first OW.

Dont worry man, it was my 2nd T after a porteri. You'll be fine. Just make sure it has a big tub of dirt so it can make a hasty retreat to one of its holes ;)

Mind you I had one a while ago that thoufht it was H. minax :bag:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Dont worry man, it was my 2nd T after a porteri. You'll be fine. Just make sure it has a big tub of dirt so it can make a hasty retreat to one of its holes ;)

Mind you I had one a while ago that thoufht it was H. minax :bag:
I think I still have a while before my deli cup starts to overflow with H. gigas, but I am thinking of a way to do peaceful transfer of power from one enclosure to another. I want to put a pond in mine so that it will want to burrow less and go for a swim.