Difference between Phormictopus sp. Dominican purple and violet?

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
With a mess of a genus such as this, stick with what your specimens were sold as.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Better? Lol
Lol Well that does make more sense.
There are many morphs of dart frogs that are the same species but a different color morph or locale. Some look identical, I mean dead ringers coloration wise. Yet thale mindset in that hobby is vastly different from the Tarantula hobby.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Lol Well that does make more sense.
There are many morphs of dart frogs that are the same species but a different color morph or locale. Some look identical, I mean dead ringers coloration wise. Yet thale mindset in that hobby is vastly different from the Tarantula hobby.
We as hobbyists, within the tarantula sphere, should make every attempt at properly identifying any spiders we intend to breed. Not only by species, but by locale as well. I am not sure how it works in the herp or amph hobby. But judging by leopard geckos and some boids it’s the opposite?

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
We as hobbyists, within the tarantula sphere, should make every attempt at properly identifying any spiders we intend to breed. Not only by species, but by locale as well. I am not sure how it works in the herp or amph hobby. But judging by leopard geckos and some boids it’s the opposite?
Oh don't get me started on man made morphs of leopard geckos and ball pythons. I'll throw up.

Caretaker

Arachnopeon
Well I'm glad this all got cleared up lol.
I've had P. Sp. Dominican purple on my radar for a while. Beautiful Ts.
I have two P. auratus now and highly recomend them . Mine have been fast growing with good feeding response and after the large sling/juvi stage have calmed down and are almost always out in the open making them a fine display animal with a surprisingly calm demeanor. (YMMV)
I say "GO FOR THE GOLD"! P. auratus
20230116_125909.jpg or purple.... but Phormictopus has a lot going for them no matter what your favorite flavor .