Did you buy new additions for Black Friday?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I took advantage of the Black Friday sale from Paul Pecker and ordered the following

1. P. muticus 1"
2. A. genic slings
10 LP slings (one is bound to survive right? lol)
1 T. stirmi (I'm super excited about )

Any P. muticus owners who could give me tips? I have a M. balfouri and H. gigas as my baboon species.

I'd love to know if anyone else took advantage and bought anything ^_^

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I bought 5 M. balfouri juvies from a user on here for a steal of a price. Not really a Black Friday sale, but that's how I'm treating it! Gonna set up a communal in the coming weeks.

For your P. muticus, keep it like a drier H. gigas. Pretty much the same care other than that.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I bought 5 M. balfouri juvies from a user on here for a steal of a price. Not really a Black Friday sale, but that's how I'm treating it! Gonna set up a communal in the coming weeks.

For your P. muticus, keep it like a drier H. gigas. Pretty much the same care other than that.

That's awesome and I hope your communal tank does well ^_^ Would love to see a picture of them when you get it done. I only have 1 balfouri at roughly a little over an inch (worst eater ever, tried live and pre killed prey but it's butt looks healthy so i'm not too worried)

I've always wanted a P. muticus. I figured if I could do alright with this one, raise it to adult, then maybe... just maybe... I could handle an OBT.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've always wanted a P. muticus. I figured if I could do alright with this one, raise it to adult, then maybe... just maybe... I could handle an OBT.
Either I've had meek OBT's or my P. muticus is a monster. My juvie is just about 2.5", and it's likely my most aggressive tarantula. Head and shoulders above any OBT I've kept.

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
My birthday was three days ago and all I got were tarantulas! :happy:
I received:
0.1.0 Sicarius sp. (Adult)
0.0.1 P. Muticus (sling)
0.0.2 P. Irminia (sling)
0.0.1 H. Maculata (sling)
0.0.1 A. Hentzi (3rd in star)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I received:
0.0.1 P. Muticus (sling)
0.0.2 P. Irminia (sling)
Only 5 T's because genus Sicarius aren't Theraphosidae :pompous:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
I was reeeally tempted to get some Euathlus sp. "red" slings from Jamie's Tarantulas yesterday, but I have so many Aphonopelma slings that I'm taking care of right now, I'm trying to refrain from buying any more for a while. :angelic:

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I received:
0.0.1 P. Muticus (sling)
0.0.2 P. Irminia (sling)
I love P. irminias. I have 2 slings roughly 2ish inches and I'm getting a 3 1/2" suspect female from a guy Monday ^_^ Hopefully one of my slings will be a male for future breedings ^_^

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I was reeeally tempted to get some Euathlus sp. "red" slings from Jamie's Tarantulas yesterday, but I have so many Aphonopelma slings that I'm taking care of right now, I'm trying to refrain from buying any more for a while. :angelic:
I love ordering from Jamie, but its been getting rather cold here and her overnight shipping is through the roof >.< I probably would have done it if she had a male B. smithi

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
My birthday is coming up soon and my awesome girlfriend just ordered me a Chilobrachys sp. electric blue!!! she also always wanted a Megaphobema robustum so i bought her one from the same dealer.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I bought a 6" 0.1 P muticus (yeah! @Chris LXXIX )
a 4" 0.1 S. generalum
a 3" 0.1 B. vagans
a 2" 0.1 D. pentaloris
a 3" 0.1 A. eutylenum
and a toss in P irminia or a GBB sling (hopefully the seller is nice enough to make it a GBB). I'll know Tuesday.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Btw there's Black Friday even for T's? Christ :)

Here's technology only. Ok so for Cyber Monday centipedes, we need more centipedes :-s

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bought 5 M. balfouri juvies..and I'm gonna set up a communal in the coming weeks and end up with one big fat T!
You don't say.... ;)

I was reeeally tempted to get some Euathlus sp. "red" slings from Jamie's Tarantulas yesterday, but I have so many ...I'm trying to refrain from buying any more ...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Got a red knee teensy tiny baby and a 3" curly hair. I had never been to petco, but was out of town and bought large crickets before driving home. they had tarantulas half off of the normal $20 price. 4 in a'll to cgoose from. 1 curly, 2 tiny b smithis and 1 couple inch pink toe.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
EulersK said: I bought 5 M. balfouri juvies..and I'm gonna set up a communal in the coming weeks and end up with one big fat T!

You don't say.... ;)
Very clever... but I hope it doesn't work out like that! I also just bought 5 M. balfouri slings and am trying to keep them communally. I sure hope I don't end up with just one fat spider!