did some pairing last night

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Decided to and finally found the time to pair a set of P.ornata (* yep, Catfishrod I'm finally getting around to it) and A.avics.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man Catfish! Your pairing photos make others jealous. LOL! I guess I should try to upload the few pairing pics that I have.

---------- Post added 04-15-2013 at 07:56 PM ----------

By the way Croc1monitor, yesterday I paired that MM A.avic I got from you. Definitive insertions. I checked his enclosure this evening after work and that little guy has already made another sperm web. So, tomorrow it's round two and I'll give him another opportunity to "put in work", hee hee hee! After that, hopefully he'll be able to rest up for a week or two and be ready to go a couple rounds with the other big female A.avic I have.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks man! I actually noticed one of her toes is missing. If you look at her head on, its the left rear leg's toe. Must have lost that in her molt I guess.
Female P. irminia is gorgeous! Good luck.

---------- Post added 04-16-2013 at 03:30 PM ----------

Lol thanks! I do my best, sometimes.
Man Catfish! Your pairing photos make others jealous. LOL! I guess I should try to upload the few pairing pics that I have.

---------- Post added 04-16-2013 at 03:30 PM ----------

True man. Hope to keep the pictures rolling.
So much awesome stuff happening here! I love it! :biggrin:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria pederseni molting to 2nd instar!

These little guys just started molting last night!

stiltskin1989

Arachnopeon
wow... i just finished reading this entire thread... catfish, man you are awesome. love what your doing for the hobby by getting these sp circulating through the hobby keep it up man hope all goes well for you in current and future pairings.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks very much! I do the best I can to spread em around as much as possible. Hope to help add to the captive bred species as much as I can.
wow... i just finished reading this entire thread... catfish, man you are awesome. love what your doing for the hobby by getting these sp circulating through the hobby keep it up man hope all goes well for you in current and future pairings.

tyrantuladub

Arachnosquire
Dude, you're the man! These little critters are amazing! I'm definitely gonna get more from you for sure! Thanks again!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks man! Glad you like them. Hope they do well for you. Will hopefully be adding a few more pairing pics here soonish.
Dude, you're the man! These little critters are amazing! I'm definitely gonna get more from you for sure! Thanks again!

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Good to see all is going well Jon, I attempted my first pairing yesterday (non tarantula, Acanthognathus pissi) got a lil vid of the pairing in the true spiders sub forum in my 'Cyphonisia sp.' thread. Hopefully all goes well as I never see these captive bred over here. Which is suprising considering their beauty, extreme webbing and calm temperament.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Holothele incei

Hope this one goes well. Have been dieing to get these back to as popular as they once were. Awesome spiders!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Hope this one goes well. Have been dieing to get these back to as popular as they once were. Awesome spiders!
Yes, awesome spiders, and definitely deserving to be seen more in the hobby.

Did that male in the pic survive his romantic encounter? I feel sorry for the little guy.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A couple of years ago they were very popular, and seeked out by a lot of people. Yeah luckily my female was extremely willing and gentle. I have heard a lot of horror stories of females being vicious to males, but she wasn't at all. She even followed him outside of the enclosure still drumming. He had a hard time getting her hooked because she wouldn't stop drumming the whole time. Look how tiny his legs are compared to hers lol.
Yes, awesome spiders, and definitely deserving to be seen more in the hobby.

Did that male in the pic survive his romantic encounter? I feel sorry for the little guy.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is that the species I see sometimes recommended for a docile communal? I'd love to do a communal someday but I wouldn't want to mess with anything that has medically significant venum.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes it is. I tried a communal with them once (3 siblings). Unfortunately one got ate, and I split the others up. I don't really do communals myself. But if you want a new world tarantula that's communal, these are the best to go with.
Is that the species I see sometimes recommended for a docile communal? I'd love to do a communal someday but I wouldn't want to mess with anything that has medically significant venum.