desert hairy babies

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well mom is eating them so i took them from her now what????I'm more of a T guy not gr8 with scorpions

hotguy92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pack them and send them right out to me,LOL. i would just sell them

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ehh, that was probably a big mistake if they are still 1st instar.

It's normal for the mother to eat a few scorplings. What instar are these scorpions?

either way, this species is quite hard to breed in captivity. Good luck..

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mom never let them on her and was eating any that moved. Only have 15 left out of 23.she ate the hardiest ones and 4 never moved at all

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mom never let them on her and was eating any that moved. Only have 15 left out of 23.she ate the hardiest ones and 4 never moved at all
That's gonna be tough. The standard answer I've recieved for similar issues is separate them 1 to a delicup with a moist papertowel in each delicup (moist, not dripping wet). Keep them room temp or so until they molt keeping the papertowels moist. These guys are purported to be very difficult to get through the early instars and with mommy dead it's gonna be tough. They don't eat prey until after they molt and then give them a week or so for their exoskeletons to harden before you feed them cut up crickets. Good luck.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And I want EVERYONE to know just because you remove them from their mommas back DOES NOT mean they will die!! They mainly stay on the mothers back in the wild to be protected from preditors.. Removing them from the mother might be a good thimg since this SP. is quick to eat its young..
I had some C. vittatus that I removed from the mother the day they were born.. I was a Newbie and was told that the mother will wat them I was like NOOO and I sat and watch her have them and as soon as she was done I removed them and the babies are still alive and kicking.. All 23 of them!!

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
And I want EVERYONE to know just because you remove them from their mommas back DOES NOT mean they will die!! They mainly stay on the mothers back in the wild to be protected from preditors.. Removing them from the mother might be a good thimg since this SP. is quick to eat its young..
I had some C. vittatus that I removed from the mother the day they were born.. I was a Newbie and was told that the mother will wat them I was like NOOO and I sat and watch her have them and as soon as she was done I removed them and the babies are still alive and kicking.. All 23 of them!!
gr8 to know as mom never let then near her and ate all that got close so that's y i still have 14 of them now hope they make it to molt

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sell a few ? if i can get them away from my daughter she thinks she is mommy to them now
LoL!! My neice is the same way.. Since I dont have any adults around that do this hobby with I am converting my neice.. Well good luck with the babies.. I dont know how much they go for but I sure wish I could get some of them..

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the brood, and good luck with it. Hopefully everything will work out. Keep us posted on how they are doing and when they molt.

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would just keep them like you would 1st instar spiderlings. Should be about the same I would think. just my 2 cents.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Good luck on raising them. It's nearly impossible to get them past one or two instars.

Only one or two people that have ever been on AB have managed to raise them to adulthood.

John
];')

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear you lost one.. Oh BTW you can ship a couple 3 maybe 4 to me after they molt.. LoL.. JAY KAY!!

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Any care tips will help me tremendously. Do they eat b4 the first molt or do they have to molt then eat?? We are going on 4 weeks now not eating! Should I worry? They look healthy but still pale if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears thanx :)
(I'm gr8 with Tarantulas just getting into the scorpions)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any care tips will help me tremendously. Do they eat b4 the first molt or do they have to molt then eat?? We are going on 4 weeks now not eating! Should I worry? They look healthy but still pale if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears thanx :)
(I'm gr8 with Tarantulas just getting into the scorpions)
I dont know about Desert Hairys but my C.vittatus scorplings didnt eat till they molted into their second instar.. Even then it was about a week or 2 after they had molted... I just dropped them pre-killed small crickets and then finally they went to town on munching that down..