Derpy Tarantula Picture Thread

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
So this P. cambridgei is the leader of the droops and the butts and the combinations therein, within my collection.

That being said, what is it even trying to do here?

1AC47C1B-105E-4E6C-A25B-1E95F5FAB213.jpeg

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
Not sure if it's in the right category but thought it'd be fun nonetheless, post any pictures of your Tarantulas forgetting how to Tarantula properly, being weirdos or just generally looking a bit derpy.

Funniest ones win nothing other than knowing you elicited a chuckle from me.

I'll go first.

That moment when you're grooming yourself and you hit that spot that makes you go all cross-eyed.
View attachment 234581
Nice pic !

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My Poecilotheria fasciata is constantly laying flat, on the very top of its cork bark.

The other 3 Poecilotheria slings wasted no time in making web hammocks/dirt curtains and they all hang out vertically, well, like normal arboreal tarantulas.

Except the fasciata, who apparently prefers to do things in it's own... "unique" way.

It even molted and finally did some webbing, but it still just lays up on top all the time like a total weirdo. It reminds me of squirrels resting in the heat of summer, just flattened along a tree branch.

Here it is again in all of its fat premolt glory.

We have too many tarantulas to bother naming them all but this one earned the nickname of Derp.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My Poecilotheria fasciata is constantly laying flat, on the very top of its cork bark.

The other 3 Poecilotheria slings wasted no time in making web hammocks/dirt curtains and they all hang out vertically, well, like normal arboreal tarantulas.

Except the fasciata, who apparently prefers to do things in it's own... "unique" way.

It even molted and finally did some webbing, but it still just lays up on top all the time like a total weirdo. It reminds me of squirrels resting in the heat of summer, just flattened along a tree branch.

Here it is again in all of its fat premolt glory.

We have too many tarantulas to bother naming them all but this one earned the nickname of Derp.
My ornata likes to hang upside down from the lid of its tub, like a big bark-coloured hammock. :p

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
My ornata likes to hang upside down from the lid of its tub, like a big bark-coloured hammock. :p
Ha! I haven't seen my ornata since the day I brought her home. If it weren't for the tips of her toes poking out of her cork tube, I would be convinced she's nothing more than a figment of my imagination. Oh, but she has no trouble making it out and about to crap all over the glass. Such a majestic, beautiful genus. :rolleyes:

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
IMG_20190623_194712.jpg not the best photo but my L.P really loves it's hide. :) He/she got pretty big with the last molt. Needs a good rehouse.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
B. albopilosum did not think when it tried to drag part of a roach carcass into a hole.
It's like a dog wanting to bring a stick in the house but can't get it through the door! :p

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
This isn’t strange since it’s just ‘waiting for prey’ mode, but I still find it cute to see my versicolor splayed out just above the substrate like this. When he comes out this far I know it’s really time to feed him.

Also, if I can (jokingly) anthropomorphize for a moment, in this photo he seems to be pondering his old discarded face. :p

View attachment 265429
@Murw Did you mean to disagree with the cuteness of my versicolor? :p

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
I rehoused my A Hentzi. Tried to take a picture of her silly walk around the side of the enclosure, she flipped herself as I was taking the pic. Little spider monorail (that was gently corrected back into the enclosure right after this was taken). I’ve solved our public transportation crisis!

Attachments