Darlingi has colonized a drain.

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I had a feeling we'd hear about the drain darlingi again... Good thing this had a happy ending.
And very nice video.

JoP

Arachnosquire
So you got him out? Congrats! I was about to suggest that you try taping a small balloon tied to the end of a plastic straw. Thread it down through the drain past where you think the spider is, then inflate the balloon to fill the drain's space and slowly pull the straw upward to force him out.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
So you got him out? Congrats! I was about to suggest that you try taping a small balloon tied to the end of a plastic straw. Thread it down through the drain past where you think the spider is, then inflate the balloon to fill the drain's space and slowly pull the straw upward to force him out.
Lol buddy check the dates on these posts ;) Yes the spider was successfully removed. With spider fishing! There's a video posted somewhere......

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
Why is everyone going all MacGyver on this? lmao Buy a male roach (my experience is with dubias), use tongs to hold on to a wing so the legs kick freely, and dangle it outside the hide. Like sdsnybny said, just plug it when the T comes out. I understand that they're fast little buggers, so it might take a few attempts, but it should work just fine.
Be sure to watch your plug hand as well- because it WILL go back toward the hide. Another thing that sometimes works is flooding them out. (at least this works for trying to get them out of a burrow when changing substrate.) not with ALOT of water- just a bit- tends to make them surface. Though in this case, I'd make sure that you have the trap off the drain first.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Be sure to watch your plug hand as well- because it WILL go back toward the hide. Another thing that sometimes works is flooding them out. (at least this works for trying to get them out of a burrow when changing substrate.) not with ALOT of water- just a bit- tends to make them surface. Though in this case, I'd make sure that you have the trap off the drain first.
Brroooooo old thread. YEARS old.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I remember this thread :angelic: I was was still a relative newbie back then. Although I (mostly) stand by what I said.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Hey at least the OP is still around. I talk to her almost daily. I'll tell her to check her AB profile, haha.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
I am so glad this thread was brought back to life. Most entertaining thing Ive read today and the video was awesome.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Hahhhh, I remember this. I'm calling bull ish on that itsy bitsy spider story. :rolleyes: Obviously rain wouldn't have washed the spider out.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I knew it had to be this thread that got revived
I saw it pop up last night when I was scrolling as well. I love this thread. Every once in a while I will search it up just to re-read through it.