Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

damon diadema

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by moricollins, Mar 18, 2006.

1. james41777

james41777 Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Those long whips are basically antennaes.
    from what i've seen, they often lurk under a rock with its long whips sticking out like trip-wires :)

2. that is awesome! creepy and awesome! ok I want one.. new shelving required now..

3. Tarantula

Tarantula Arachnobaron Old Timer

How do I tell the sexes apart in these? By looking at the pics.

4. moricollins

moricollins Arachnoking Old Timer

males have much longer pedipalps than females (when adult anyways) makes visually sexing them quite easy.

5. buthus

buthus Arachnoprince Old Timer

I have been eyeing these up for a few years ...always planning on getting some, but never do. They are truely awsome looking ...along with a decent lifespan.
    I think once I get my life back ...and organized :rolleyes: I will try and find some.
    Did I understand this right that they are communal?

6. in Adults the females pedipalp strucure is shorter than the femur of leg I and the male are longer than the femur

7. Snipes

Snipes Arachnoprince Old Timer

How can you tell if they are adults?

8. Wow, love the pics! I'm becoming intrigued more and more

I have a request. :eek: I'd like to know more about the ideal enclosure, and perhaps see some pics?
    Thanks!

9. rex_arachne

rex_arachne Arachnobaron Old Timer

do Amblypygid females live long after laying/tending eggs/hatchlings, as compared to Uropygid females, that usually die after the whole process of egglaying and sling tending?

10. not sure, size? most animals are sold as adult unless otherwise stated

11. moricollins

Found this today :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mori

12. moricollins

And the next day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mori

13. Pulk

Pulk Arachnoprince Old Timer

that is pretty swell, mori.

anyway, what body length do they normally get to?

14. syndicate

syndicate Arachnoemperor Old Timer

USA
    congrats morri :D

15. GQ.

GQ. Arachnodemon Old Timer

Mori,

Sweeeeeeeeeet! I just recently started keeping amblypygids and I'm hooked. I'm looking forward to adding a couple more in the near future.

Did you buy a female that ended up being gravid or did they breed in your care? I'm interested in any and all information I can gather on care and breeding. Best of luck with the babies.

16. moricollins

The female here is about 3" or so in body length, though here antennae (spelling?) are much longer than that.

Gil, I mated a male and female, my male has since passed away though.

I just let them do their thing, he made a couple of spermatophores that I could locate.

Mori

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.