damon diadema

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
does anyone know the purpose of the "whips" ?? I would like to get one of these they are quite interesting! very different from the whipscorpions in NA.
Those long whips are basically antennaes.
from what i've seen, they often lurk under a rock with its long whips sticking out like trip-wires :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
males have much longer pedipalps than females (when adult anyways) makes visually sexing them quite easy.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been eyeing these up for a few years ...always planning on getting some, but never do. They are truely awsome looking ...along with a decent lifespan.
I think once I get my life back ...and organized :rolleyes: I will try and find some.
Did I understand this right that they are communal?

Aunt Ant

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, love the pics! I'm becoming intrigued more and more

I have a request. :eek: I'd like to know more about the ideal enclosure, and perhaps see some pics?
Thanks!

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do Amblypygid females live long after laying/tending eggs/hatchlings, as compared to Uropygid females, that usually die after the whole process of egglaying and sling tending?

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that is pretty swell, mori.

anyway, what body length do they normally get to?

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mori,

Sweeeeeeeeeet! I just recently started keeping amblypygids and I'm hooked. I'm looking forward to adding a couple more in the near future.

Did you buy a female that ended up being gravid or did they breed in your care? I'm interested in any and all information I can gather on care and breeding. Best of luck with the babies.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
that is pretty swell, mori.

anyway, what body length do they normally get to?

The female here is about 3" or so in body length, though here antennae (spelling?) are much longer than that.

Mori,

Sweeeeeeeeeet! I just recently started keeping amblypygids and I'm hooked. I'm looking forward to adding a couple more in the near future.

Did you buy a female that ended up being gravid or did they breed in your care? I'm interested in any and all information I can gather on care and breeding. Best of luck with the babies.
Gil, I mated a male and female, my male has since passed away though.

I just let them do their thing, he made a couple of spermatophores that I could locate.

Mori