CYST Severity??

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Honestly... yes. I like giving people the benefit of the doubt, and most people will rise to the occasion given the chance. Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I'm positively stupefied as to why OP would flat out ignore earnest advice he was given my multiple people.
Thiscordia the guy sold me the spider told me too feed it... I got the roach back so the spider couldnt eat it... although a dead roach.. Its too big of a hazard to allow the spider to eat it
Cannot risk the abdomen ruptoring --- I didnt allow the spider to eat the roach I was just testing too see of it was still eating.. fed the roach to a different T
Updated pics ---
cyst upd 3 001.jpg cyst upd 3 002.jpg cyst upd 3 003.jpg

Cyst seems to have gotten a Tad bit larger.. since first pics :(

Last edited:

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Looks to me like the growth has increased in size from the last pics.

What was the point of "testing" to see if the spider would eat? There is no reason, when it's pre molt, it's pre molt...

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I sold the about a month and a half ago didn't seem to have this cyst and I was contacted about it later in order not to deal with this type of situations I had offered reimbursement for it. When I had the stirmi she was eating and behaving healthy.

peterock44

Arachnopeon
i dont think anyone here is doubting your honesty or business practices here thiscordia. the op clearly likes dropping your name (as the seller) to deflect from the nonsense that he posts. i honestly can hardly even understand what he is trying to say most of the time. anyone else reminded of a very similar poster named smallera?

now on topic. stop trying to figure out if it's in premolt when the t in question clearly is not......heed the experienced keepers advice and stop feeding. look at the abdomen on that thing, it clearly wont starve if you hold off feeding for awhile

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This was a little earlier in the thread, though I'm not clear on whether is was an actual cyst, or something that formed as a result of a wound. Regardless, he successfully lanced it, drained it and sealed it, and the spider apparently survived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDXSGyM9ypI&feature=player_embedded
That spider didnt make trough following molt is much is I know, I think there is thread here on AB about it.

I had my share of experience of dealing with Theraposa abdominal protrusions.
I had one that I didn't think will make trough the upcoming molt. I took pictures and decide to experiment with that specimen, I had nothing to loose.
Kept her underfed (I don't believe in overfeeding is could be healthy for them), in semi dry and very well ventilated inclosure (to avoid any possible future fungal problems) with water-dish available and always full.

Treated protrusion twice a month with Iodine (purpose: disinfectant and anti fungal)
Specimen molted with no problems, protrusion shrunk and barely visible. I keep an eye on this one till next molt. I Am expecting she will molt it completely out.
I will post pictures is soon I will be able to.

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'm fairly sure that last post about taking away the food item was a lie, but just in case....

Feeding a roach that another T was already feeding on is a stupid thing to do. What if whatever is ailing your blondi is contagious? Even if it wasn't sick, I'd still avoid feeding something that's been in another tarantulas' enclosure to a different one, just in case it brings something over, parasite or otherwise.

I can't wait to see how you back peddle out of this one.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
When I sold the about a month and a half ago didn't seem to have this cyst and I was contacted about it later in order not to deal with this type of situations I had offered reimbursement for it. When I had the stirmi she was eating and behaving healthy.
Don't worry, I really doubt, given the OP and past history, that anyone here has any doubt about your integrity as a seller. :)

Edit* Hobo, I am also looking forward to the backpeddling regarding taking a roach away from the spider. ;)

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm fairly sure that last post about taking away the food item was a lie, but just in case....
Yup. He says something wrong and then pretends he knew it was wrong all along. I like how we talk about him like he doesn't understand. Like a child in the room.

Ultum - We all told you it wasn't in pre-molt. Learn to actually care for your spiders for a change, instead of just buying everything you can find and then hoping someone else teaches you how to care for them.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yup. He says something wrong and then pretends he knew it was wrong all along. I like how we talk about him like he doesn't understand. Like a child in the room.

Ultum - We all told you it wasn't in pre-molt. Learn to actually care for your spiders for a change, instead of just buying everything you can find and then hoping someone else teaches you how to care for them.
Blame the seller he told menot was in pre molt
It's not my fault I got a T with a cyst....you couldn't see it in the pics
He shipped it without any heat. Cold cold coulda triggered cyst

Last edited:

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
I took perfect care of the spider it seems happy,,
Umm... How did it seem happy? The tarantula doesn't display emotion....

Ultum people are getting sick and tired of your ignorant posts... You need to grow up.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
Don't worry, I really doubt, given the OP and past history, that anyone here has any doubt about your integrity as a seller. :)

Edit* Hobo, I am also looking forward to the backpeddling regarding taking a roach away from the spider. ;)
Umm... How did it seem happy? The tarantula doesn't display emotion....

Ultum people are getting sick and tired of your ignorant posts... You need to grow up.

He edited out the happy part.

Tann

Arachnopeon
I don't understand why you feel the need to put someone at fault. A T. developing an abnormal growth, or a cyst, isn't necessarily an indication someone did something wrong. It could be, but as far as I know the discussion in this thread has mostly been about the experience of other keepers, and speculation as to what they actually are and possible treatment for one.

You originally posted this in order to get some advice, right? You should probably just read what has been offered to you, and stop throwing your seller under the bus every chance you get.

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
Haha that cracks me up he edited out his T being happy! :p jeeze... some people. I feel bad for the seller having to deal with this. May this be a lesson to everyone else not to sell to Ultum.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
since no one knows whys cyst's develope I truly cannot blame anyone I get that... clearly as negative as it sounds the spider has a Very small chance of survival as the cyst is slowly growing Larger....
The seller is obviously a good guy... Im not trying to insult him in anyway...

19tarantula91 im sure you would luv it if someone sold you a T that arrived with a cyst..
this is the only transaction I have been angry about everything else has been fine.... dono what your rambling on about

Last edited:

Tann

Arachnopeon
since no one knows whys cyst's develope I truly cannot blame anyone I get that... clearly as negative as it sounds the spider has a Very small chance of survival as the cyst is slowly growing Larger....
I'm not sure I always catch on to your intention of the piece-summary of what other posters have already told you, but you might want to consider admitting when you're wrong, and, in this case, apologizing to the person you've insulted, whether intentional or not.

There's no need to flame him. I'm sure he recognizes he's made a mistake with what he's said. I realize that this situation is basically a repeat of many others, though I think preaching some tolerance would serve the hobby well. That way perhaps the same will happen for us if we were to misstep.

Anyway, if all this is ignored, nothing changes, and something like this comes up yet again then so be it. I'd have nothing to say about what may or may not transpire in such a thread, but at least he got one last chance.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blame the seller? For what? For feeding a T that everyone has told you NOT to feed. You even said that you were being stupid for feeding it, and then you feed it AGAIN?!?!? Then you make up an excuse that you "fed" it to see if it was in pre-molt or not? Everyone has already said there is nothing to indicate she is in pre-molt. If you actually knew a thing or two about keeping tarantulas, you would know that too.

Cold triggering a cyst? Is there any evidence of that?

Maybe the T doesn't like your deodorant, it coulda triggered cyst. Heat heat coulda triggered cyst. Bad teeleveision coulda triggered cyst.

It's not your fault you got a T with a cyst, but it is your fault that you continue to blame it on the seller (not his fault, there likely wasn't a noticeable cyst when he sent it!) and you've continued to feed it against everyone's advice. Just own up, admit you're wrong and try to do better.

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire

19tarantula91 im sure you would luv it if someone sold you a T that arrived with a cyst..
this is the only transaction I have been angry about everything else has been fine.... dono what your rambling on about

I'm sure that if the same thing happened to me from the exact same seller I would be handling it a lot more mature then you, and the seller would understand and send me a different T or make it right somehow. You can't expect people to treat you right when all you wanna do is point fingers on a forum at someone other then you.