CYST Severity??

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
T stirmi update...pic's .. the spider has been acting normal and fine..despite the cyst
P metallica 001.jpg P metallica 002.jpg
Second pic looks worse because of a bad camera angle... I couldnt open the cage for pics for fear of stressing the spider
I need to figure out how to do what Anastasia did to hers & try to help out the cyst..
plan to not feed it anymore at all. for atleast 1-2 months ..its soo fat

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That spider didnt make trough following molt is much is I know, I think there is thread here on AB about it.

I had my share of experience of dealing with Theraposa abdominal protrusions.
I had one that I didn't think will make trough the upcoming molt. I took pictures and decide to experiment with that specimen, I had nothing to loose.
Kept her underfed (I don't believe in overfeeding is could be healthy for them), in semi dry and very well ventilated inclosure (to avoid any possible future fungal problems) with water-dish available and always full.

Treated protrusion twice a month with Iodine (purpose: disinfectant and anti fungal)
Specimen molted with no problems, protrusion shrunk and barely visible. I keep an eye on this one till next molt. I Am expecting she will molt it completely out.
I will post pictures is soon I will be able to.

Here is updated picture of same specimen after just one molt, I was amazed how well she respond to treatment, I Am looking forward to next molt and expect her to molt this problem totally off, see what a difference from firs picture, now this

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is freakin' awesome. What % provodone did you use?
over the counter strength Iodine 10% first aid antiseptic solution.
I use 10% (iodine dilute with saline solution in 1/2, just few drops will be enough. example 4 drops of 10% iodine + 4drops of saline solution) for first procedure, then 1/4 (iodine/ saline solution) for follow up, depend on outcome.
oh yes, get yourself q-tips and small pipette and gloves!

Anastasia

ijmccollum

Arachnosquire
So X2 treatments, one at 5% and then follow up in two weeks with 2.5%. Will you do a follow up on the the area that remains or just let her molt it out? And "underfed" meaning....how often and how much? Would love to see her final outcome. Great work!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So X2 treatments, one at 5% and then follow up in two weeks with 2.5%. Will you do a follow up on the the area that remains or just let her molt it out? And "underfed" meaning....how often and how much? Would love to see her final outcome. Great work!
follow up with treatment is many 1 to2 per month till molt time, if 6mo before molt could be 6 to 12 treatments depend on how bad the problem is.
feeding slow way down (also depend on the case and body weight, its a bit difficult to explain), the size of specimen on the picture just under 5", she only got 4 adult male B. lateralis roaches per month, 2 bi-weekly, skip last month, and she molted out with in 9 months )
Hydration is very important.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Mine is fat.. I cannot feed her for 2-3 months. if I even do again before she molts
cyst has stopped growing & seems to slowly been going down now ... its still around the same size but is looking better

she tried climbing once & gave up cuz she was too fat too climb.. plus I wont allow such a heavy /bulky t to climb much

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
My female Molted and survived first molt with cyst , It now has a much smaller cyst :biggrin:
I do no know how long til its next molt , its not in pre-molt so probably 4 months-1 year

I will post pics sometime soon, of its current status

jakykong

Arachnobaron
My female Molted and survived first molt with cyst , It now has a much smaller cyst :biggrin:
I do no know how long til its next molt , its not in pre-molt so probably 4 months-1 year

I will post pics sometime soon, of its current status
It's always nice to hear good outcomes!

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Interesting thread, very similar issue, but I doubt I'd be able to get any sort of solution on a P. metallica, not that I even am sure I'd want to. Hopefully, since she is an arboreal, the cyst will have minimal contact with the sub and anything else that would infect it.