Species Cyriopagopus lividus (a.k.a. Haplopelma lividum)

Leetplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You may want to get that cricket out of there until she's made a burrow. Which, I should warn you, sometimes takes h.lividums a LOOOONG time to do! Plus, that cricket from here looks like an adult female, and with the moist conditions of the h.lividum, she may lay eggs.
She's a beautiful spider, though! :clap:
The cricket is not an adult female.
And pearson34, I think you should add more substrate because they burrow.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
theres 5" of substrate in there i added more to make sure
5" is a little low, but it's a good start. If you can give her at least 3 more inches, though, that would be great! She'll make some very big burrows if you give her the right amount of moist dirt! :)

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wait til you see one molt! They're especially beautiful then! $25 does sound like a good deal, although she's probably WC. Oh well, as long as you're happy, she's happy! Well...maybe not, I mean, it is a haplo! {D

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok just added about 4" to her tank i must say my heart was beating so fast when i got near her but she didnt do anything and when i moved her she just ran no threat posture or nothing oh and heres some pics

if you look closer you can see where the first stuff is then the lighter stuff is on top hard to see though

arachnofein909

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wish i had pics of my old female she was a wc dark form she molted five times in my care and she was almost completly black even with a flashlight you could barely make out the blue on here legs R.I.P H.lividum.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wait til you see one molt! They're especially beautiful then! $25 does sound like a good deal, although she's probably WC. Oh well, as long as you're happy, she's happy! Well...maybe not, I mean, it is a haplo! {D
wasnt wc sorry....

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohhhhhh now it clicks ohh thanks really
Now im a arachnonerd i know the lingo ;P ;P

Leetplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice T!
I got my WC female H. lividum for RM20 = about less then 10USD here. It gave me and eggsac too.

Last edited:

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice spider ...the best lookin for asian sp..beside the singapore blue....for dat price ..wow man... i paid mine 10 dollar more than u do..damn im hating....lol jk...congrat...plan to breed dat T 4x4???{D

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a male hopefully soon....she definitely will be breed..

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
if this does prove to be the dark form of lividum make sure you use a dark form male ;]

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well few overseas dont belive in the dark-forms, there are variants due to locales(IE some dark, some truer to the model) but breeding to a male should produce the same results regardless of CF... much like whats seen in RCF rosies and highland and the pet trade labeled lowland subfuscas..just because the parents are such doesnt mean the slings will be...

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well if this is a true dark form lividum than yes if u bred it with a normal variant male you would not be creating a hybrid...but you would be mixing regional varients!suppovly the dark form is from Burma and ive read it gets larger than the normal lividum that are often collected from Thailand.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've never read that???? thats what people said about lowland subfuscas but as you can see.. its just another misnomer, spread by people trying to generate interest in a hobby swung on having something new or different....compared to the model, there is little difference in locale variantes(both have darker forms) since most really dark forms, were produced from sacs of normal parents irregardless of where they were collected.....