Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Freshly molted young female Haplopelma sp. "Bach ma"....
maybe im being stupid but ive onbly ever kept a h.lividum and a h.minax and i dont know alot nabout the other haplopelma species but what does SP in haplopelma sp stand for?

sorry if stupid question :S

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
maybe im being stupid but ive onbly ever kept a h.lividum and a h.minax and i dont know alot nabout the other haplopelma species but what does SP in haplopelma sp stand for?

sorry if stupid question :S
Hey gotta learn somewhere!
The abbreviation "sp." is short for species.So in this case this particular species of Haplopelma from Vietnam is named Haplopelma sp."Bach ma" because it is still undescribed.The latter part in quotes is usually in reference to where these were found/collected.
-Chris

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey gotta learn somewhere!
The abbreviation "sp." is short for species.So in this case this particular species of Haplopelma from Vietnam is named Haplopelma sp."Bach ma" because it is still undescribed.The latter part in quotes is usually in reference to where these were found/collected.
-Chris
ah right, i thought bach ma might be her name that you gave her, so basically she was found in bach ma and they havnt named her yet.. cool

i find it fasinating that we are still finding new species i can only imagine the exitment people must have got when they found the gooty ornimental or the singapore blue
(spiders id kill for but will probly never find or have money for :( )

MaDhAcK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

My new breeding group

male1

male2

male3

female1

female2

female3

female4

female5

female6

i hope u like them :D

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but, how do you guys get your haplos out in the open?
My H. lividum pretty much stays in its burrow its whole life.... has never came out, ever.

MaDhAcK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but, how do you guys get your haplos out in the open?
My H. lividum pretty much stays in its burrow its whole life.... has never came out, ever.
Hi

They just arrived yesterday...

So i made me a photobox ...

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
I don't really get too many shots of my burrowers. The times I do are usually when I just rehoused them, and they haven't made a new home yet. The other times I am just lucky:D

MaDhAcK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2 Haplopelma sp. Bach Ma 05/2010 Thanks to Meyken

0.0.1 Haplopelma longipes Thanks to Meyken

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sooooo pumped about this! : D

Hard to see from photo but theres a Cyriopagopus sp."Sulawesi Black" egg sack in there!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D