Genus Cyriopagopus (a.k.a. Haplopelma)

Felidae

Arachnosquire
Since the past year no one posted into this thread..
I would like to show my female H.sp. "Minax" Big Black, pre- and postmolt. :love:

image.jpg

image.jpg

KcFerry

Arachnosquire
Great pictures!
I rescued a mystery Haplo last year...
Someone was advertising a "tiger rump tarantula" on CL with a blurry pic of a black spider in a small arboreal exo-terra. I was happy to pay the asking price, which included the enclosure, and later confirmed it as H. minax. This T was stressed and mean!!! She had been kept with an inch of top-soil and a fake plant for the few months that the seller had her, and she said someone gave it to her like that. She was selling it because it was way too aggressive and she was afraid of it.
She's currently living at the bottom of 10" of substrate and only comes up to take out the trash, or lie in the burrow entrance waiting for food.:cool:

Pic's from when I got her.
Minax crop.jpg

DSCF3752.jpg

Felidae

Arachnosquire
Great pictures!
I rescued a mystery Haplo last year...
Someone was advertising a "tiger rump tarantula" on CL with a blurry pic of a black spider in a small arboreal exo-terra. I was happy to pay the asking price, which included the enclosure, and later confirmed it as H. minax. This T was stressed and mean!!! She had been kept with an inch of top-soil and a fake plant for the few months that the seller had her, and she said someone gave it to her like that. She was selling it because it was way too aggressive and she was afraid of it.
She's currently living at the bottom of 10" of substrate and only comes up to take out the trash, or lie in the burrow entrance waiting for food.:cool:

Pic's from when I got her.

Poor girl! I'm glad you've found her. How the seller got the idea to buy species like this, without even know how to keep, and what attitude she have.

Last edited:

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C. sp. "Hati Hati" 1.75'' or 4.5cm DLS

having fun with a microscope

real life view is much better and this was a tough one to capture. Poking around with it, its a spermatheca it lifts up but I just cant show that through picture.

CHH4-20Aug15-1.jpg

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. hainanum 3'' DLS

I thought those...umm...red veins or stuff growing or branching out in the spermatheca was cool

Hhainaum4-20Aug15-1.jpg

H. sp. 'minax' ''Big Black'' freshly molted without flash
HminaxBB-1-1.jpg

with flash
HminaxBB-2-1.jpg

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wish I can edit the above post but I think its too late

even smaller 4cm or 1.5" leg span of C. sp. "hati" molted last night or this morning.
and now this is spermatheca lol

CHH2-21Aug15-1.jpg

the above one must be a male with what they call secondary sex organs or something like that?

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That hainanum 3" DLS above post turned into a male, what the hell? memory tells me this has happened to me before some years ago but still very shocking. I don't think male turns into a female though.

anyways,

H. schmidti

in situ (as a house spider)
HschmidtiO1-2sm.jpg
and in situ in the wild
HschmidtiO1-3sm.jpg

J/K ...

Attachments

Last edited:

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer