Craiglist Appreciation Thread

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I actually found a decent selection of tarantulas for sale on the local craigslist, it was in a town I've never heard of, but had to be near muncie/Anderson since it was listed in that location. I'm not used to seeing decent craigslist ads for tarantulas, especially at decent prices.

Now that I think about it, I should've inquired and stopped on my way back from the doctor's office.

JoP

Arachnosquire
Jealous of some of these. Most of the CL ads near me are ridiculously overpriced, usually because the seller is "throwing in" a [terrible] setup/enclosure. As if that somehow sweetens the deal. Not tempting at all.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Jealous of some of these. Most of the CL ads near me are ridiculously overpriced, usually because the seller is "throwing in" a [terrible] setup/enclosure. As if that somehow sweetens the deal. Not tempting at all.
There was a local post for a G. rosea in a large KK with a little plastic water dish, maybe 1" of sub, and one of those half log hides... they wanted 75$ because "the set up alone cost me 50$" :bored:o_O:confused:

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I paid $120 in cash for three unsexed mature spiders: a B. boemei who proved out female, a rosea of great beauty and epic proportion who remains an enigma sexually, and a geniculata that proved out male but that I put out for breeding in trade (with some dubias) for a young female, a hamorii sling, and a pulcra sling. Not a bad deal in the end.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
This one has been up for a while:

Looking to downsize my tarantula collection to make space for a different project. Ive had them for a couple years and they are raised well and are very healthy. I can take pictures of them individually upon request. Please be aware that most of these are not beginner T's.

5 inch female P. irminia $40
6 inch female P. cambridgei $40
5 inch female P. regalis $40
6 inch female P. striata $40
4 inch female P. lugardi $40
4.5 inch female B. vagans $25
3 inch unex B. vagans $20
4 inch unsex C. fimbriatus $25
3 inch unsex B. albopilosum $20

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I would certainly put out feelers to see if that person seemed real or if they were some kind of scammer or nutter. You know, the usual procedure for feeling out a sale on Craigslist. Where are you, if you don't mind me asking?

MWAInverts

Arachnoknight
Got an unsexed 3” B. hamorii and unsexed 5” N. chromatus for $60 total. Quick look and the chromatus looks female, need to confirm.

Last edited:

JoP

Arachnosquire
There was a local post for a G. rosea in a large KK with a little plastic water dish, maybe 1" of sub, and one of those half log hides... they wanted 75$ because "the set up alone cost me 50$" :bored:o_O:confused:
I see stuff like this all the time. I legit once had a lady try to ask $150 for a common terrestrial T that was in an awful set-up inside of an aquarium with a giant crack in the side. She was insistent that the majority of that "rehoming fee" was to recoup some of the cost of that setup, which was absolute garbage. I think I could've thrown together a better enclosure with $10 and half an hour at a thrift store.