Craiglist Appreciation Thread

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
What tarantulas are on your local craiglist? Did you find a good deal, and do you want to brag about it? Or do you want to know if it’s a nice deal?

Why don’t we talk about it here!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Nothing in my area lately, but I did get two of mine there.

This little lady was a 1/4 inch sling for $10 on craigslist in 2013:

And this guy was an immature male I got on craigslist for $50 (with an acrylic enclosure) in 2017:

Neither of them are rare or valuable species, but I am glad to have them.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Hey this is a good idea for a thread, instead of each of us posting separate threads whenever we see something of interest on the old Craigslist.

And PSA- be careful out there folks. Meet in public places, take a friend with you, etc. You never know who it is on the other side of the computer!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Hey this is a good idea for a thread, instead of each of us posting separate threads whenever we see something of interest on the old Craigslist.
Yeah, that was the basic idea.

And PSA- be careful out there folks. Meet in public places, take a friend with you, etc. You never know who it is on the other side of the computer!
I agree!

Sergic

Arachnosquire
Where I currently live, craigslist is fairly barren as far as T's go. If there's a decent post, it's almost always the same person, and they're also a member here. Currently there are only two ads for tarantulas, one for a "handleable" avic, and another for three NW terrestrials.

I used to live in Oregon, and found some great deals there. I picked up my G. pulchra and female GBB for $50 two years ago. I also got a MF G. pulchripes in my hometown for $20 with a critter keeper.

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
It's rare that my area gets listings for tarantulas, but right now there's this listing that's selling P. ornata, G. porteri, A. avicularia, G. rosea rcf, G. sp. North, L. parahybana, A. enzendami, P. murinus, C. fasciatum, N. coloratovillosus, P. lugardi, A. metallica, G. pulchra, B. boehmei, Avic sp. Brau(?), I. hirustium, P. cambridgei, G. pulchripes, and E. murinus. Definitely better than all the "Stripe-Knee Tarantula for Sale" ads I see usually, but the person selling has a fifty dollar minimum that I can't seem to meet. Guess that means I'll wait for the next expo:D

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
So far on craigslist I have bought a few.

2 Lampropelma nigerrimum arboricola 1"-$30

2 Stromatopelma calceatum 1.5"-$25

3x Aphonopelma hentzi 1/4"-Freebies

1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1"-$35

1 Caribena versicolor 3/4"-$25

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
So far on craigslist I have bought a few.

2 Lampropelma nigerrimum arboricola 1"-$30

2 Stromatopelma calceatum 1.5"-$25

3x Aphonopelma hentzi 1/4"-Freebies

1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1"-$35

1 Caribena versicolor 3/4"-$25
Not bad, not bad at all!

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Well, as some of you may remember, I got an AF A. bicoloratum, AF P. irminia, AF N. incei, and AF P. scrofa all for $230.

Just the other day I got 3 B. hamorii slings, 2 P. calceatum slings, 100 dubia roaches, 10 G. oblongata, and a tiger hisser pair with nymphs for $50.

Hopefully on Sunday I will be getting a Poecilotheria adult, likely female, likely regalis, for $50.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Just noticed this on my local craigslist. Possible brachypelma boehmei? They only list the common name. I don't think I would pay anywhere near what it's listed for though.
Capture+_2018-03-08-19-35-13.png

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Just noticed this on my local craigslist. Possible brachypelma boehmei? They only list the common name. I don't think I would pay anywhere near what it's listed for though.
View attachment 268826
Yeah, that's not a good price. I'd maybe pay $100, given better pictures and a more positive ID, but certainly not $300.

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Someone here is selling a 3' E. murinus for 30$
along with a I. hirsutum 2" for 45$
No idea if they're good deals or not but yeah

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I just looked and someone an hour away is selling a female G. Sp. north for $60 and a female N. coloratovillosus for $65 (dont make me get started on the other good deals like the suspect female P. lugardi)

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Not much of a deal, but this one is the newest one that came on today.

68E54DA2-C9AD-45D0-AF77-2A51A36C8D67.jpeg