Coconut Fiber

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
No need to spend 2X as much on the bagged stuff. {D

I use hot water from the tap. Next i take my hands and squeeze out the extra moisture. Its good for those forearms. :p Then let the rest air dry. I have since switched to peat moss and preffer it over coco. Moss holds moisture longer and molds less often in my experience. Peat also has beneficial springtails that ussually take over any leftovers and keep mites to a minimum. Coco husk is sterile and a perfect breeding ground for pests if kept too damp. :)
Do you moisten the peat? Can Ts burrow in it or is it too loose?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Do you moisten the peat? Can Ts burrow in it or is it too loose?
Peat moss is soft and sticks to its self well after getting damp. It packs well and makes for strong burrows. I moisten depending on the spieces i am keeping and if i am using real or fake plants. A 10lb bag is about 10$ at your local hardware store. Make sure its organic peat with no fertilizers or pesticides. You will want to sift the sticks and clumps with a 1/4" metal screen. If its too dry it will be dusty so add some water.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Use less water than recommended but really hot, and it will brake down faster, hold less moisture and dry faster ;)
I didn't know this til know.

Thanks for the info, Fran.