Cockroach Appreciation

madagascarhissinglover

Arachnosquire
I'm gonna start a thread where you can post all about any cockroaches you have! It can be their enclosure, babies, literally anything with a cockroach in it.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I bought a batch of dubia to be used as feeders, but I must admit, I find them intriguing in their own right. As long as you keep them warm and well fed, you really can't go wrong, can you? It's only been a month, but it sure looks like they're multiplying already.

madagascarhissinglover

Arachnosquire
I bought a batch of dubia to be used as feeders, but I must admit, I find them intriguing in their own right. As long as you keep them warm and well fed, you really can't go wrong, can you? It's only been a month, but it sure looks like they're multiplying already.
That's amazing! Hopefully your colony will grow even more.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Pseudoglomeris magnifica "Cuc Phuong National Park, Vietnam". Got a small group of these recently and I really love their vibrant coloration. 😍

fishy

Arachnopeon
yall are making me want a roach now... ill never be able to as long as i live with my parents though :depressed:

ReptilesRule16

Arachnopeon
I was at a reptile shop yesterday and I was getting some black solider fly larvae for my leopard gecko and while I was in the car on the way home I noticed that there was a dubia roach hangin out on my leg. So now I have a single pet dubia roach. Yay. And don't worry im not going to feed it to anything.

Beths Tiny Critters

Arachnopeon
whats the care like for these? I have some but they aren't breeding. I believe my setup may be missing something.
I honestly haven't even been trying and they are breeding. I just had babies appear in their enclosure yesterday. But I've got them on a bioactive display setup. Also could be temp (my room holds at about 75 to 80.) Could be food. Chick feed and fresh veggies. So I'm not even sure what it may be.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I honestly haven't even been trying and they are breeding. I just had babies appear in their enclosure yesterday. But I've got them on a bioactive display setup. Also could be temp (my room holds at about 75 to 80.) Could be food. Chick feed and fresh veggies. So I'm not even sure what it may be.
any images of the setup? I'd like to see what your ventilation is like. What is your substrate?