Genus Chilobrachys

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
EEEEeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!! Ouch...
Alas, he was not a very "attractive" young man...

Chris

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a different female of this species immediately munch a male the other night... both time before the male even had a chance to "unhook" from her, bang, fangs through the carapace.

I have too many males anyway, so better for them to become a good meal rather than wither away and die.

Eric

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I had a different female of this species immediately munch a male the other night... both time before the male even had a chance to "unhook" from her, bang, fangs through the carapace.
That's exactly how it happened when I last mated this species. No chance for escape whatsoever. She just dropped down right on him. Snapped his legs off right over his own head.

-Sean

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Any of you have them co habit? My mm dove right into her burrow and he was not seen again for about 6 weeks or so. Then one day he was evicted or something because he was clinging to the top of the tank. I saw several good inserts the first day he was in there but nothing really after that. He lived to see another day, but died not to long after I took him out so I almost wish she had eaten him.

Oh hey and Eric, what the heck do I do to get my girl to lay? She is swollen something fierce and I have been able to see the eggs in her for over a month, I just can’t get her to lay.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine webs like that too. lol She's also very friendly, as you can see from my avatar:D . I named her cuddles...........:rolleyes:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
congrats Eric!looks like a big healthy eggsac :]

couple of my Chilo females

Chilobrachys sp."Guanxiensis"

Chilobrachys dyscolus

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dude, chris! that dyscolus is lookin' awesome! glad to see her again :D

dan

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Juvenile Chilobrachys sp. "India" ("Meghalaya small")

Eric

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to get one of those fimbriatus. I just love the way they look.