Chilobrachys Huahini

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think that what Martin hinted at was that in nature you often find Chilobrachys andersoni and Chilobrachys huahini living arboreally. But we tend to think of them as burrowing species and keep them as such in the hobby. This works, as it would work with Poecilotheria (I know a guy who consistently keep P. formosa as terrestrial species and breed them) or any other arboreal spider, but why not give them opportunity to behave as in nature? Well - the answer is try and keep them arboreally as you would keep a Poecilotheria or A Psalmopoeus and discover new and interesting aspects in these "dull and boring 'digging machines'" ... think about it ;-)

Søren

AlbinoDragon829 said:
Sorry about missing that part on your initial message, I was just looking to see if they were strictly arboreal or strictly "non-burrowing" terrestrial... Am I to assume that they are "semi-arboreal"?

Citharischius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
AlbinoDragon829 said:
someone? anyone? I think Jobe said he had one some time back...

Helleuw ,

I have a Chilobrachys Huahini , subadult female :) about 5 cm
Very nice spiders .
I bought her one year ago , and she's still my favorite . Tough I dont have that much spiders ...

Chilobrachys huahini is an easygoing spider . Just treat her like any other asian T .

Ohyeah , and if some people say they're "aggresive" (whatever that would be ? ) I think she's not Defensive at all . she's a real lady , nice indeed .

Greets
Jamy

Citharischius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Martin H. said:
even I repeat myself: like I told above, I do keep my C. andersoni ("C. huahini") in aboreal tanks, like Poecilotheria spp.. I am sure they will survive in terrestrial tanks as well (and web a lot), but I think they show more interesting and a more 'natural' behaviour in such aboreal tanks (like on the photo above)

just my two cents (nothing personal)
Martin

www.spiderpix.com

Wow nice picture Martin !

zahiro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Possibly next week i will buy a juvenile Chilobrachys fimbriatus.

Has Chilobrachys fimbriatus same behaviour that C.huahini???

Some information about C.Fimbriatus, please

-size?
-is burrower? terrestrial not burrower?
-Is C.fimbriatus for ever and ever :) in her hole???

Thanks and so sorry for my bad English :(

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
two pictures:

Large C. andersoni female

Chilobrachys andersoni habitat - specimens were found by collector head high in hollow trees along path.

Best regards
Søren

phormingochilus said:
I think that what Martin hinted at was that in nature you often find Chilobrachys andersoni and Chilobrachys huahini living arboreally. But we tend to think of them as burrowing species and keep them as such in the hobby. This works, as it would work with Poecilotheria (I know a guy who consistently keep P. formosa as terrestrial species and breed them) or any other arboreal spider, but why not give them opportunity to behave as in nature? Well - the answer is try and keep them arboreally as you would keep a Poecilotheria or A Psalmopoeus and discover new and interesting aspects in these "dull and boring 'digging machines'" ... think about it ;-)

Søren

Pterinochilus

Arachnopeon
Chilobrachys fimbriatus is native to the Area of Goa, ( rather deep into India )
Chilobrachys Huahini ( or Andersoni ) is more native to the areas of Singapore,Malaysia as far as i know. I also have a Juvenile Fimbriatus she's really likes to dig, she is as good as non-defensive just like my sub-adult Huahini. My Fimbriatus does dig a lot but my Huahini doesn't dig at all, she only silk in a lot, besides the digging my fimbriatus silks a lot to.

Chilobrachys species are beautiful but my favorite one still is the C.Huahini.
Do they get lighter everytime after there molts, my Huahini still is rather red/brown colourd instead of light brownish.

Greets
Tom ( sorry for my bad English, not everyone here is native to the U.K or the USA )