Chile

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As some of you may know Chile has a reasonable amount of small species, many are not fully characterized by scientists. I thought I'd share a website I've had bookmarked for those who like these. The owner updates every so often, including this year. They are more diverse looking than you may know.

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Thanks for sharing. Quality photos, and a lot of beautiful species that I've never heard of before. It amazes me that there are so many undesrcibed species still out there.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing. Quality photos, and a lot of beautiful species that I've never heard of before. It amazes me that there are so many undesrcibed species still out there.
Yep the main 2 species in the hobby are not nearly as colorful as what exists.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow ! For such a small country, Chile seems to have a plethora of Theraphosid and Mygalomorphae. Many are quite beautiful too. Thanks for sharing :)

jc55

Arachnoknight
Amazing and educational as well.I never knew there were so many tarantulas out there that were unknown to the hobby but definitely some i would love to acquire given the chance.Thanks for sharing the pictures.

As some of you may know Chile has a reasonable amount of small species, many are not fully characterized by scientists. I thought I'd share a website I've had bookmarked for those who like these. The owner updates every so often, including this year. They are more diverse looking than you may know.

Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful content indeed
Regards Konstantin

8 legged

Arachnoprince

Thank you for sharing this treasure!

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince

Hasn't Chile banned, or about to ban the export of any of its livestock.

sasker

Arachnoprince
For such a small country, Chile seems to have a plethora of Theraphosid and Mygalomorphae.
It's not a super large country, but not small either. What helps for the diversity of flora and fauna is the shape of the country and that it stretches from close to the equator to close to the Antarctic.

jc55

Arachnoknight
Yes this has been the case for a while - I spoke with members of their govt.
From your conversation did you feel the ban is long term or permanent or was there some glimmer of hope that it may be lifted at some point.

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
Yes this has been the case for a while - I spoke with members of their govt.
Im sure they've got their reasons but I sure wish they would reconsider. I'd like to have an H. chilensis above all other species.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
From your conversation did you feel the ban is long term or permanent or was there some glimmer of hope that it may be lifted at some point.
Permanent

Im sure they've got their reasons but I sure wish they would reconsider. I'd like to have an H. chilensis above all other species.
Someone recently tried for a sac but it failed

sasker

Arachnoprince
I'd like to have an H. chilensis above all other species.

I have a male that I expect to hook out next moult. I will definitely send him out to do his thing, because there are way too few of this great species around.

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
I have a male that I expect to hook out next moult. I will definitely send him out to do his thing, because there are way too few of this great species around.
If you have success I'd love to see about getting a sling. Hope that is allowed to s
Definitely! If you have success, plz let me know?