User Charliemum's Tarantula Pictures

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20220903_094655(0).jpg
Cruella eresus sp cinnaberinus af so cute just closed down her web pouch so a move to a bigger viv today 😊
20220903_094556.jpg
Andrew Brachypelma smithi sam looking handsome as always 😍
20220903_094451.jpg
Tiny little Nancy Nhandu chromatis sling always watching lol πŸ˜†
20220831_133544.jpg
Sizzy Rocket Brachypelma emilia saf even by torch light this girl looks amazing πŸ₯°
20220827_175520(0).jpg
Puddin Psalmopoeus pulcher juvenile female. Can't wait for this girl to moult so I can get her shifted into her new viv she's truly trashed this one.
20220903_110338.jpg
Namaari Nhandu caraponensis saf looking super cute in heavy premoult and making sure she is well hydrated 😊

More soon 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20220923_173634.jpg
Sizzy Rocket, brachypelma emilia saf, moulted 2 weeks ago and just wow 😊
20220923_085547.jpg 20220923_173827(0).jpg
Kendal Mint Cake, Acanthoscurria geniculata juvenile female, big stretch n a big genic n tonic 🀣 moulted 10 days ago 😊
20220923_173849.jpg
Andrew Brachypelma smithi sam, couldn't resist he is just so handsome 😍
20220921_180042.jpg
Ham n Cheese my surprise Euathlus truculentus AF (bought as homoeomma sp blue 2) won't let me take that milk cap put it in when she moulted so she had a lower water source than her deli n now am not allowed to remove it 🀣🀣🀣 ts πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
20220915_094737.jpg
La Muerte Ephebopus murinus AF 3 weeks post moult and she's amazing best anniversary gift ever 😊
20220910_211743(0).jpg
The Chairman Avicularia purpurea sam, rehousing this boy the other day n while he was out n there was nothing between us n he was being so good I snapped some of that purple goodness πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
20220920_134217.jpg
Qveen Herby Brachypelma boehmei juvenile female first meal post moult now she finally has her adult colours n is now a confirmed female 😊
20220923_173930.jpg
Hermosa Brachypelma smithi sling one of 3 sac mates (The 3 amigos) always watching πŸ˜† fingers crossed one of them at least is female.
20220920_135333.jpg
Present Phormictopus auratus sling very freshly moulted (first in my care) my only Phormictopus.....atm πŸ˜†

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20220915_094257.jpg
Lil Mo Kochiana brunnipes juvenile female 3 weeks post moult and looks amazing lucky for me she has never dug just webs like a gbb so I see her all the time 😊
20220910_211338(0).jpg
Fizzgig Homoeomma peruvianum sling so tiny cute n more food aggressive then you'd think πŸ˜†
20220904_130629.jpg
Vivian Tliltocatl sabulosum grown on sling filled her burrow in n spends all her time uptop now... t translation time for a new viv 😊
20220914_130006.jpg
Maleficent Pamphobeteus sp machalla 2.5 inch female waiting front n centre because she knows its food n water time 🀣
20220910_211557(0).jpg
Dani Calafornia Sericopelma santa catalina saf looking amazing sat on her main burrow entrance, this girl has 4 so you never know where she will pop out 🀣🀣🀣

More to come 😊

Hi
Lovely pics of beautiful spiders.
Your B emilia looks stunning!!
Wish my juvenile female will moult at some point in my lifetime too to freshen up the fuzz.lol
Regards Konstantin

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I
Hi
Lovely pics of beautiful spiders.
Your B emilia looks stunning!!
Wish my juvenile female will moult at some point in my lifetime too to freshen up the fuzz.lol
Regards Konstantin
Hi 😊
Thanks 😊 I love all my baby's but my emilia Sizzy is definitely special looking and has sentimental value to me as she was my first confirmed female, I am sure yours won't take long to catch up Sizzy moults every 6 months so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer to see those beautiful emilia colours popping 🀞

Hi
6 months lol.You are well lucky.
My Juvenile girl is comming for 2.5 years now since she has been with me and no moult yet and her little sister when she was sling went 6 months between 2nd moult and 3rd moult but has picked up since then for now .Fingers crossed. Hahaha
Regards Konstantin

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
TR
Hi
6 months lol.You are well lucky.
My Juvenile girl is comming for 2.5 years now since she has been with me and no moult yet and her little sister when she was sling went 6 months between 2nd moult and 3rd moult but has picked up since then for now .Fingers crossed. Hahaha
Regards Konstantin
Hi😊,
I have been told my growth rates are quite good compared to normal t's rates eg my sazimai when from 0.5 cm to 7cm in a year even my rosea has gone from 1cm to 6cm in the same time. I feed mostly mealworms morio for the bigger t's twice a week for tiny baby's over 2 inches are fed once a week, I keep temps around 24Β° dropping to 20Β° at night and I use volvic bottled water for them and I am sure the volvic is the difference, I assume as it has minerals in there is something that helps their growth rate as its the only thing I have found that I do that differs to other keepers husbandry. I did try changing their water to a different brand and my moults went down from 17 a month on average to about 7 so I am pretty sure it's the water lol. I am not scientific though and changing the water for 3 months was the full extent of my experiments with it πŸ˜†
Fingers crossed after 2 n half years she moults soon for you 😊🀞🀞🀞

jere5291978

Arachnopeon
View attachment 429387
Lil Mo Kochiana brunnipes juvenile female 3 weeks post moult and looks amazing lucky for me she has never dug just webs like a gbb so I see her all the time 😊
View attachment 429388
Fizzgig Homoeomma peruvianum sling so tiny cute n more food aggressive then you'd think πŸ˜†
View attachment 429389
Vivian Tliltocatl sabulosum grown on sling filled her burrow in n spends all her time uptop now... t translation time for a new viv 😊
View attachment 429390
Maleficent Pamphobeteus sp machalla 2.5 inch female waiting front n centre because she knows its food n water time 🀣
View attachment 429391
Dani Calafornia Sericopelma santa catalina saf looking amazing sat on her main burrow entrance, this girl has 4 so you never know where she will pop out 🀣🀣🀣

More to come 😊
Does your Kochiana brunnipes still stay up top. I picked up a very small sling a few days ago and it just sits up top. No signs of burrowing. I was a bit worried because I thought for sure it was a burrower.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Does your Kochiana brunnipes still stay up top. I picked up a very small sling a few days ago and it just sits up top. No signs of burrowing. I was a bit worried because I thought for sure it was a burrower.
Mo has never burrowed she lives in a web tunnel on the surface despite being given 2/3 inches of sub in her juvenile enclosure. 20221019_063958(0).jpg
She has made the premade burrow bigger so she can fit if she really needs to but spends 99% of her time in her web at the bk of the enclosure 20221019_064021.jpg
I can't complain coz she is on display all the time. If your sling isn't digging like Mo I suggest you try giving her some anchor points because as you see some web not dig. Gl with your new friend and try not to worry I am sure your sling will be fine may just be taking a while to settle can sometimes take weeks sometimes days depends on the individual spider. I hope I helped 😊

jere5291978

Arachnopeon
Mo has never burrowed she lives in a web tunnel on the surface despite being given 2/3 inches of sub in her juvenile enclosure. View attachment 431069
She has made the premade burrow bigger so she can fit if she really needs to but spends 99% of her time in her web at the bk of the enclosure View attachment 431070
I can't complain coz she is on display all the time. If your sling isn't digging like Mo I suggest you try giving her some anchor points because as you see some web not dig. Gl with your new friend and try not to worry I am sure your sling will be fine may just be taking a while to settle can sometimes take weeks sometimes days depends on the individual spider. I hope I helped 😊
Thanks for the quick response. This definitely helps. I researched these guys for a few weeks before I bought one, and i was definitely expecting a burrower. I pick mine up at an expo. And the first thing I noticed when I got home, was that the condiment cup it was in was very dry. It looks like it hadn’t been moistened in weeks. I took it out of the condiment cup and put it into a skinny dram vile with about a half inch of moist coco fiber and was expecting to see the sling burrowed the next morning when I get up and it was still sitting up top and been there for a week. So I was worried maybe something was wrong. I also threw in a cricket leg to see if would munch on it and it never touched it. So based on your experience, I’m hoping mine just likes to sit up top and is possibly in premolt. Again, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I attached a photo of the sling in the dram vial.

Attachments

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thanks for the quick response. This definitely helps. I researched these guys for a few weeks before I bought one, and i was definitely expecting a burrower. I pick mine up at an expo. And the first thing I noticed when I got home, was that the condiment cup it was in was very dry. It looks like it hadn’t been moistened in weeks. I took it out of the condiment cup and put it into a skinny dram vile with about a half inch of moist coco fiber and was expecting to see the sling burrowed the next morning when I get up and it was still sitting up top and been there for a week. So I was worried maybe something was wrong. I also threw in a cricket leg to see if would munch on it and it never touched it. So based on your experience, I’m hoping mine just likes to sit up top and is possibly in premolt. Again, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I attached a photo of the sling in the dram vial.
Yer I would put in some more sub that's a little drier and then some stuff your little one can web like a bit of sphagnum moss or something n I wouldn't worry Lil Mo took ages to do anything when I first got her n took her about 2/3 weeks before she took food sometimes they take a while to settle in 😊 n np happy to help πŸ‘

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20221023_081644.jpg 20221023_081700.jpg 20221023_080400.jpg
My new baby girl Carina Xenesthis sp bright af, looking gorgeous n settled in her new home. My SO definitely out did himself this time 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Just a few quick snaps I got at feeding time 😊
Puddin, Psalmopoeus pulcher juvenile female, hardly ever get pics of her anymore due to the amount of web in her enclosure but today she was in the perfect spot gone from 1cm to 7 cm in the space of a year really pleased with her progress 😊
1000002926.jpg
Alicia, Grammostola rosea, juvenile female, refused food but still posed for me gorgeous girl.
1000002922.jpg
Kendal Mint Cake, Acanthoscurria geniculata juvenile female, one of 3 genics n my only female but she's settled right in n looks so much better than when she came 😊
1000002905.jpg
Cupcake, Tliltocatl albopilosus ometepe island form juvenile male, don't know if it's just me but starting to see blue on his legs? Love him either way 😊
1000002881.jpg
N last but not least , Present, Phormictopus auratus sling unsexed, looking very floofy after his moult n enjoying his first meal after that moult 😊
1000002862.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20230211_083219.jpg
Citharacanthus cyaneus Eve exploring her new viv 😊 never see her so was nice to get some pics .
20230210_155058.jpg
Caribena versicolor sling Drilly enjoying lunch .
20230210_153736.jpg
Grammostola ihiringhi sling Ivan enjoying his food 😊
20230210_132054(0).jpg
Acanthoscurria geniculata juvenile female Kendal Mint Cake in heavy premoult and refusing food but still looking fabulous πŸ‘Œ
20230210_131149.jpg
Nhandu caraponensis saf Namaari first time I have fed her with crickets.... it didn't end well for the cricket but Namaari loved it πŸ˜†
20230209_061312.jpg
Ephebopus murinus AF La Muerte waiting for a locust.
20230210_162808.jpg
La Muerte dragging the aforementioned locust down into the depths πŸ˜†

More to come soon 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My 3 curlys

i decided to post this so people can see the differences, i will keep updating it as they get bigger. Probably should of done this before now but hindsigh n all that πŸ˜†

This is Cupcake my 4 inch juvenile male Tliltocatl albopilosus ometepe island form freshly moulted not really massively blue though which is what this sp is known for. He is pretty bold and even though he has a burrow he rarely uses it, choosing instead to sit on his corkbark 24/7 glad he didn't try n moult on it though. 20230327_095318.jpg

This is Cookie my 3.5 inch juvenile female Tliltocatl albopilosus Honduran about 4 days post moult she put on good size with this one and now needs rehousing but don't worry it's waiting for her once she's had a couple of meals. (She takes a while to settle in new vivs.) She is very reclusive and spends 90% of her time in her burrow so this is one of the few pics i have of her. 20230324_113308.jpg
This is Leela aka curly fry she is the smallest of the 3 , a 2 inch female Tliltocatl albopilosus Nicaraguan she did have a burrow but filled it in before this last moult and spends all her time on the surface now. She was a gift off my SO for my son after he bred his girl so very special to us and eventually put on enough size this moult to go into her grown on sling viv. signal-2023-02-13-10-35-46-476.jpg

Sorry it took so long @Trifekta I didn't have a good picture of Cookie and of course she moulted so I had to wait for her to venture out to get the pics for you to compare πŸ™‚ better late then never though 😊

Trifekta

Arachnopeon
My 3 curlys

i decided to post this so people can see the differences, i will keep updating it as they get bigger. Probably should of done this before now but hindsigh n all that πŸ˜†

This is Cupcake my 4 inch juvenile male Tliltocatl albopilosus ometepe island form freshly moulted not really massively blue though which is what this sp is known for. He is pretty bold and even though he has a burrow he rarely uses it, choosing instead to sit on his corkbark 24/7 glad he didn't try n moult on it though. View attachment 442297

This is Cookie my 3.5 inch juvenile female Tliltocatl albopilosus Honduran about 4 days post moult she put on good size with this one and now needs rehousing but don't worry it's waiting for her once she's had a couple of meals. (She takes a while to settle in new vivs.) She is very reclusive and spends 90% of her time in her burrow so this is one of the few pics i have of her. View attachment 442296
This is Leela aka curly fry she is the smallest of the 3 , a 2 inch female Tliltocatl albopilosus Nicaraguan she did have a burrow but filled it in before this last moult and spends all her time on the surface now. She was a gift off my SO for my son after he bred his girl so very special to us and eventually put on enough size this moult to go into her grown on sling viv. View attachment 442298

Sorry it took so long @Trifekta I didn't have a good picture of Cookie and of course she moulted so I had to wait for her to venture out to get the pics for you to compare πŸ™‚ better late then never though 😊
Thanks a lot for this I really appreciate this. That's very kind.