Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Centruroides Thread

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Ythier, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Scorpionidad

Scorpionidad Arachno-overlord Old Timer

Advertisement
    :drool: If only I had something to clean this drool up with LOL

2. Nazgul

Nazgul Arachnoangel Old Timer

Hi,

this should help:
    SISSOM W.D. & W. LOURENCO (1987): The genus Centruroides in South America (Scorpiones, Buthidae) - Journal of Arachnology 15: 11-28

It´s possibly downloadable for free at the Journal´s homepage.

Regards
    Alex

3. distribution.

mm... the keys are corrects and easy to get a nd follow... but.....now i'm interested to get a distribution map for the species... and if it is for colombia better...
    .... thanks ...

sorry about my bad english---

jacobo

4. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

I think this should be a sticky thread!Does anyone else think so.(this is one of my FAV. threads) :D

5. hamfoto

hamfoto Arachnoangel Old Timer

o.k., I know...I know...I can't i.d. visually...but the little guy just molted and from other pics it looks like C. nigrimanus, not the C. margaritatus I though it was...what do you think?
    and here's a pic of my C. exilicauda male, the female was hiding and wouldn't come out...
    and last one is my little c. exilicauda gertschi scorpling...

Chris

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  6. smalltime

smalltime Arachnoknight Old Timer

Neeeeh don't think it's nigrimanus (blackhand) Those margaritatus are quite polymorph....

7. reacka

reacka Arachnosquire Old Timer

i was told that this was a bark scorpion but i'm not sure what kind. i bought two of these from the same shop that i purchased my c. gracilis a while ago. before i got there i thought i would be getting the same sp. but they're obviously not. can somebody tell me what kind this is?

hmmspp.jpg

8. reacka

i'm thinking it's c. vittatus. yeah, i'm pretty sure. ignore this, my apalogy

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  9. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Arachnodemon Old Timer

imdont think thats a C. Vittatus

10. reacka

you don't think so, but do you know what kind it is, That Guy?

11. Raan_Jodus

Raan_Jodus Arachnodemon Old Timer

if it is a bark scorpion, the only thing I can think of is C. Hentzi. The tail isnt in the picture, but does it have a subnacular(sp?) on its telson? it looks like a small second sting. That might give an indication.

if its not (which is also possible I'm sure), it could be a Vaejovid (sp?) Someone with a better knowledge could possibly narrow it down to a family group. Some more detailed pics of the tail and such might help, some macro shots.

But I dont think its a Vittatus, it seems too dark, and there is no indication of the triangular mask.

Otherwise, I don't have a clue :) good luck though. I'm sure it'll bring you hours of joy regardless.

12. TheNothing

TheNothing Arachnoprince Old Timer

yeah, a full picture would help
    my first thought yesterday was that it was a Vaejovid...

13. reacka

i appreciate it. the digi. cam i have isn't all that great. i gotta find the lil guys now, they're hidden well.

14. reacka

i hope you cats can help me with these photos. my bad they come out so dark and not too detailed...

100_0178.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    100_0182.jpg
    100_0181.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  15. hamfoto

hamfoto Arachnoangel Old Timer

my piggie C. exilicauda gertschi (3rd instar?), one of my 2 new C. gracilis 3rd instar (Central America local), and my other piggie piggie C. margaritatus 3rd instar...

Chris

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  16. Nazgul

Nazgul Arachnoangel Old Timer

Hi,

have they been collected in the States? If so, it should be C. hentzi, I guess.

Regards
    Alex

17. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

Hi,
    I also believe it to be C hentzi. ;)

18. drapion

drapion Arachnobaron Old Timer

I just wanted to put a post on this thread to bring it back up so the newer people that have not read it can...I think this is one of the best threads on here and it should keep going on..Enjoy newbies.

19. telow

telow Arachnobaron Old Timer

those are hentzi i am %2000000% sure
    even with a bad pic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.