Centruroides Thread

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Brandelmouche said:
HI all.

If you have the key for C. gracilis vs C. margaritatus, please show me on this cite.

Thanks all. :)
Hi,

this should help:
SISSOM W.D. & W. LOURENCO (1987): The genus Centruroides in South America (Scorpiones, Buthidae) - Journal of Arachnology 15: 11-28

It´s possibly downloadable for free at the Journal´s homepage.

Regards
Alex

Jacobo

Arachnopeon
distribution.

mm... the keys are corrects and easy to get a nd follow... but.....now i'm interested to get a distribution map for the species... and if it is for colombia better...
.... thanks ...

sorry about my bad english---

jacobo

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think this should be a sticky thread!Does anyone else think so.(this is one of my FAV. threads) :D

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
o.k., I know...I know...I can't i.d. visually...but the little guy just molted and from other pics it looks like C. nigrimanus, not the C. margaritatus I though it was...what do you think?
and here's a pic of my C. exilicauda male, the female was hiding and wouldn't come out...
and last one is my little c. exilicauda gertschi scorpling...

Chris

Last edited:

smalltime

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Neeeeh don't think it's nigrimanus (blackhand) Those margaritatus are quite polymorph....

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was told that this was a bark scorpion but i'm not sure what kind. i bought two of these from the same shop that i purchased my c. gracilis a while ago. before i got there i thought i would be getting the same sp. but they're obviously not. can somebody tell me what kind this is?

hmmspp.jpg

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm thinking it's c. vittatus. yeah, i'm pretty sure. ignore this, my apalogy

Last edited:

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you don't think so, but do you know what kind it is, That Guy?

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if it is a bark scorpion, the only thing I can think of is C. Hentzi. The tail isnt in the picture, but does it have a subnacular(sp?) on its telson? it looks like a small second sting. That might give an indication.

if its not (which is also possible I'm sure), it could be a Vaejovid (sp?) Someone with a better knowledge could possibly narrow it down to a family group. Some more detailed pics of the tail and such might help, some macro shots.

But I dont think its a Vittatus, it seems too dark, and there is no indication of the triangular mask.

Otherwise, I don't have a clue :) good luck though. I'm sure it'll bring you hours of joy regardless.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, a full picture would help
my first thought yesterday was that it was a Vaejovid...

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i appreciate it. the digi. cam i have isn't all that great. i gotta find the lil guys now, they're hidden well.

reacka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i hope you cats can help me with these photos. my bad they come out so dark and not too detailed...

100_0178.jpg
100_0180.jpg
100_0182.jpg
100_0181.jpg

Last edited:

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my piggie C. exilicauda gertschi (3rd instar?), one of my 2 new C. gracilis 3rd instar (Central America local), and my other piggie piggie C. margaritatus 3rd instar...

Chris

Last edited:

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
reacka said:
i hope you cats can help me with these photos. my bad they come out so dark and not too detailed...
Hi,

have they been collected in the States? If so, it should be C. hentzi, I guess.

Regards
Alex

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nazgul said:
Hi,

have they been collected in the States? If so, it should be C. hentzi, I guess.

Regards
Alex
Hi,
I also believe it to be C hentzi. ;)

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just wanted to put a post on this thread to bring it back up so the newer people that have not read it can...I think this is one of the best threads on here and it should keep going on..Enjoy newbies.