Can anyone ID please?

paulbrown09

Arachnopeon
I bought this T today, being told it was a MF H. Lividum. I know you can only see the blue colour under under certain lighting, and the underside of the legs do have a lovely blue shine. I've set the tank up perfectly for a H. Lividum, but i just want clarification that it is actually a Blue Colbalt, otherwise i'll change the tank to suit the T.

Heres the photo:

Can anyone provide a positive ID for H. Lividum, or have i been sold something totally different. It's about 4 - 5 inches, or around that size.

Thanks for the help!
Paul

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
defiantly looks like a haplopelma. Maybe H. minax?

Mez

Arachnoknight
Dosnt look like one to me, I know the mature male are dark, but females are visably blue. Also the pattern on the abdomen dosnt look right...i can't tell you what it is, though.

paulbrown09

Arachnopeon
It does look like a H. Minax, but it looks too dark to be a MM and the abdomen looks too light to be a MF, very very odd

paulbrown09

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the link Cody.

To be honest, it's a beautiful Tarantula, though looking at the tank, i could do with it being a bit deeper, so i'm going to see if i can find a deeper enclosure. At the moment, it's not burrowing, and when taking the lid off, it's not too vicious, i'm guessing that it's still getting used to it's surroundings?