Can anyone give me the list of poecilotheria species from largest to smallest?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I recently moved and lost the printed out list I had of poecilotheria species from largest to smallest. If anyone would be so kind as to post the list or a link in the comments, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I did a cpl of searches trying to find the image your talking about because I pretty sure I know what your talking about but don't have it anymore. Unfortunately what I found was this and well it was good for a laugh, I don't even know where to begin...and I'm not sure which of the many things wrong with this page I want to point out, but I'll go with P. Rajaei as the 4th largest spider because of its 8 inch leg span..

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I did a cpl of searches trying to find the image your talking about because I pretty sure I know what your talking about but don't have it anymore. Unfortunately what I found was this and well it was good for a laugh, I don't even know where to begin...and I'm not sure which of the many things wrong with this page I want to point out, but I'll go with P. Rajaei as the 4th largest spider because of its 8 inch leg span..
That's just hilarious

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Since when did tarantulas start shooting hairs at their prey

Jason B

Arachnosquire
The image I had of an lp shooting a prey item with its hair to disable it, then jumping on it and spitting all over it

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
"Hasn't been seen since 1900" *has a high quality picture obviously taken recently*
hmmmm...:rofl:

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
how about that they list Hercules Baboon Spider as the "rarest spider in the world" or that they used a picture of a A. Seemanni as the Goliath Bird eater haha.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Ornata, rufilata, regalis are all near the top. Subfusca and metallica are near the bottom. Yup. That's about as specific as I get.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
how about that they list Hercules Baboon Spider as the "rarest spider in the world" or that they used a picture of a A. Seemanni as the Goliath Bird eater haha.
This was obviously not done in accord with any arachnologists. It was laughable when they included true spiders and tarantulas on the same list. It became an episode of Good Times from there..

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
This was obviously not done in accord with any arachnologists. It was laughable when they included true spiders and tarantulas on the same list. It became an episode of Good Times from there..
true.

I'm still just thinking, how can an animal be the "rarest" when its literally nonexistent? especially when that would mean there are about 500Million other species of spiders that should be tied to the list as they are also extinct xD

Jason B

Arachnosquire
Yeah I kinda took the whole articles top 10 list as more of potential click bait, you got some quite a few of them that seemed to be their for that reason. Like Camel spiders, wandering spider, two recent discoveries like Cerbalus Aravensis and Rajaei, A most likely extinct species that has been seen in 117 years that you know is just really rare.

I only wish they would have used this image above their description of the Brazilian Giant Tawny Red.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. metallica is often thought of as the smallest.

P. rufilata and P. ornata are regarded as the largest. In point of fact there is always variation, someone having a rufi larger than an ornata and vice versa.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I have also heard the 2 subfusca spp. Differ in legspan such as the lowland being a bit bigger than highland can anyone attest to this? I think this is related to op question

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I have also heard the 2 subfusca spp. Differ in legspan such as the lowland being a bit bigger than highland can anyone attest to this? I think this is related to op question
It's definitely related. Where would the subfusca and bara fall?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@14pokies I think you'd be the best man for this job
There's only a couple that stick out as being either large for a poec or small for poec sp...

6 inches or less Metallica and subfusca being the smallest.

The larger poecs being 7+ inches regalis, ornata and rufilata.

I believe the rest fall somewhere between the 6-8 inch range.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
P. metallica is often thought of as the smallest.

P. rufilata and P. ornata are regarded as the largest. In point of fact there is always variation, someone having a rufi larger than an ornata and vice versa.
My buddy Ben has told me on average his rufis are atleast an inch or so larger than his ornatas.. I saw a pic of one of his girls DSL against a ruler and she was 11 inches.. Very leggy species.. Ornata may be a bit smaller DSL but they have more bulk to them.