C. Exilicauda

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone else have this species? I'm in love, and would like to hear if anyone else enjoys these guys, also does anyone know the average size?

Thanks
David

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Dave(skinheaddave) has a colony of them. Get to be 2-2.5 inches on average. They are a bit hot in venom..easy to keep.

John
];')

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do you think they could be kept with C. vittatus? also what should i do to encourage them to mate?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Some people keep them with C.vittatus, but it isn't necessarily recommended.

If you give them the right conditions, they will breed.

The average lifespan is about 2-4 years. They live fast and die young.

Cheers,
Dave

SCIROCCO

Arachnopeon
Hi skinheaddave !

How big is your colony of C. exilcauda and can you tell me the lenght of there habiat ?!

thx,
thomas

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thomas,

I have around 15 adults left. They are in a 20 gallon aquarium with bark glued to the back wall, sand in the bottom and various pieces of slate/bark etc. as decoration.

Cheers,
Dave

SCIROCCO

Arachnopeon
Hi Dave !

WOW !!
And you havn´t any casualties ?

Because i have always the problem that when i have two or more scorpion from one race together, that i have often casulaties exspecially when one scorpion molt and he is soft and without any defense. And so have every scorpion his one terrarium (exception P. imperator and Isometrus maculatus)
This problem was by Hadogenes bicolor, Androctonus mauretanicus. Parabuthus transvaalicus and !Heterometrus scaber!
And i dont no what i do wrong !
Have you any idea ??

thx & greetings,
th

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thomas,

I have had at least three casualties since I started. In all cases, I believe the cause was natural -- at least the caracases weren't consumed. I have seen fights, but they generaly do not look serious.

Some species are easier to keep communaly than others. Of all the ones you mentioned, I would only expect the Heterometrus to do well in communal conditions. That being said, I've lost two Heterometrus spinnifer over the years to canabalism. In the end, if you keep them in good conditions with plenty of hides and plenty to eat you can minimize the danger. Also, sticking with similarily sized scorpions and/or those from the same family group helps.

I will also admit that I have seperated one of my H.spinifer for a week when she moulted so as to prevent any problems.

Cheers,
Dave

SCIROCCO

Arachnopeon
Hi Dave !

Thanks a lot !

The Heterometrus scaber were from the same familiy group and they had always grickets in the terrarium and many hides, but they were all in the same hide.
..whatever...

I think like you. That is the only way, to seperated the scorpions before they moulted.

thx and greetings from vienna,
thomas