Genus Bumba

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How can I get some of these? Anyone has them for sale here in the US?

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How can I get some of these? Anyone has them for sale here in the US?
I'm not sure these have ever really been for sale in the US. Well maybe quite a few years back some were. A popular importer had some earlier this decade, he likely sold a few at that time.

Chris and I may both have a male mature sometime soon, so there's potential for some hookups in the near future. Your best bet for now would be through one of the guys who does imports from Europe.

There has been a different, but very similar looking, species of Maraca show up in exports from French Guyana, so that's something to keep an eye out for.

Eric

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There has been a different, but very similar looking, species of Maraca show up in exports from French Guyana, so that's something to keep an eye out for.
Eric,

You mean from Guyana correct? Not so much trying to point out mistakes but double checking for my own information as well. I have received the so called M. cabocla from Guyana but I am unaware of the presence of this genus in FG, just trying to keep up with things.

Martin

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eric,

You mean from Guyana correct? Not so much trying to point out mistakes but double checking for my own information as well. I have received the so called M. cabocla from Guyana but I am unaware of the presence of this genus in FG, just trying to keep up with things.

Martin
I am interested in seeing a picture of the Maraca cabocla.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So it looks just like the horrida? That looks almost the same.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Eric,

Chris and I may both have a male mature sometime soon,
soon? How large/old are they? In my experiences, it takes years for them to mature. I had some males I thought which will matere with the next molt - it took them 4 to 5 more years to mature! *sigh*

Strange species!

Cheers,
Martin

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Martin,

Hi Eric,

soon? How large/old are they? In my experiences, it takes years for them to mature. I had some males I thought which will matere with the next molt - it took them 4 to 5 more years to mature! *sigh*

Strange species!

Cheers,
Martin
They are now 3 years old. Mine are getting good size to them... but obviously I can't know for sure when they will mature. I can't imagine they have many more instars ahead of them though. It seems they are very aggressive eaters (IME), but then will go a long time before molting. Hopefully we'll have a male mature before his big female dies... or maybe I'll post again here in 2 years that I'm still waiting!

Eric

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm finally able to show these pictures of the Maraca cabocla.
MM

Female. (in need of a new suit)