Brazilian Whiteknee Pic

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The eating machine, expecting a molt any day now. Eats like there's no tomorrow, as always.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pic, I like the close up effect of things. Gives it the more dominating feel.

Sincerely,

Brandon

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It wont be molting anyday now if it is still eating. Is that picture older or was it just taken?;P :}

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i herd that since the white knees are such voracious eaters they will even accept prey a day or two before a molt.
Tom

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What a beautiful spider. I would like to put your camera on my Christmas list. How big is your spider? Thanks for sharing, Pam

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool

That's an awesome pic. What's the prey, though? Is it a roach? I can't really tell.
Paul

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok Tito,
Tell us about the camera. What a great close up.
My White knee never passes on a meal, up to the day before a molt.

Ernie

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by motorteipidpa
i herd that since the white knees are such voracious eaters they will even accept prey a day or two before a molt.
Tom
Mine doesn't. I fasts for 2 or 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My genic went about 10 days without accepting food or showing the slightest sign of agression towards my forceps then it molted.

Mark

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
It wont be molting anyday now if it is still eating. Is that picture older or was it just taken?;P :}
Nope, pic was taken one hour before posting it.;P ;P
But this T is so crazy that it eats right up to a molt, surprised me totally last time it molted, it never stopped eating. Just got bigger all of a sudden.

Ernie,

the camera is the Canon PowerShot S40, and as always the "closeup" is a crop.
To read more about the S40, click here.
The S40 is now replaced with the S45, but the one we had got sold the same day that it came in, and it's impossible the get one until january sometime. The S45 has the same res, but there's a new chip designed by Canon that improves speed and picture quality.

It's eating a cricket, don't really wanna deal with roaches... Had enough of them in the army:mad:

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a nice picture, wasn't aware the s40 could take that good macros.
The cricket looks like a fat ant btw :)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
It's not a macro shot. It's a shot taken at high resolution and cropped as Tito said. :)

Scott

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Excellent picture! I love genics :)

Joy

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
It's not a macro shot. It's a shot taken at high resolution and cropped as Tito said. :)

Scott
Haha, let me confess I'm not sure what 'crop' means, if it hasn't to do with wheat, but high resolution has little do with how close you can get without blurriness, no?
He just used the zoom I guess, with hhigh res, and then cut out a piece of the pic ?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Being able to get close is macro. Hi res and then cutting out part of the pic is "cropping" :)

Scott

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes I know what macro is, and about the macro mode etc :) , ...so he took a high-res pic, without macro mode or zoom, and blew it up , so to speak ?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
No, when you take a hi res pic, there's no need to "blow it up" it's already big. What you do is crop out the good part and dump the rest to make the file size manageable. :)

Scott

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...He must have been rather close, at least? Otherwise, he'd have a speck in one corner as the spid, no matter how high res it was, yes ?

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hei Vys, hör ni gjøkorna? :D :D

The picture was taken at about 5"(10cm), after loading the pic into my laptop I cropped out a part of the pic that I posted. Since the S40 is 4 megapixels you've got a decent amount of information in the pic that allows you to "create macros" i.e. crop the picture.

I couldn't find the original pic I posted so I created an example of this pic of the greenbottleblue.