Brand new T hobbyist! Introduction/Seeking advice

machinegunkev

Arachnopeon
So I changed up the Avic enclosure. I put in the two cork bark rounds I bought today. Removed some substrate so there's only about 2 inches of sub. I also added ventilation holes to all sides as opposed to only having two sides with vents. And finally I removed the rocks. As soon as I put my avic back in it immediately ran up the cork bark and into the cork bark where I'll never see it again lol.

Attachments

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh ok! Thanks for the input, I only assumed it was young because the pet shop keeper informed it was less than a year old.
Let's back up a bit before this thread reaches five pages. The pet store and members on the boards fail to inform you what you have is a Grammostola sp. "Northern Type". Your tarantula it is absolutely not a Grammostola rosea please do not call it rosea anymore.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So I changed up the Avic enclosure. I put in the two cork bark rounds I bought today. Removed some substrate so there's only about 2 inches of sub. I also added ventilation holes to all sides as opposed to only having two sides with vents. And finally I removed the rocks. As soon as I put my avic back in it immediately ran up the cork bark and into the cork bark where I'll never see it again lol.
Can you tell me how you managed to keep the substrate in, since it is a box on its end? I would love to give my A.metallica more space, but she is too small for her adult enclosure, and too big for her current one. I have lots of these boxes with lid for terrestrials and was considering using one for her but i can't figure out how to keep the substrate in and keep the lid locked at the same time. Did you put a square pot in the box for the substrate?

machinegunkev

Arachnopeon
Let's back up a bit before this thread reaches five pages. The pet store and members on the boards fail to inform you what you have is a Grammostola sp. "Northern Type". Your tarantula it is absolutely not a Grammostola rosea please do not call it rosea anymore.
Whoa, what? Really? Are you sure? If so, that's fine with me lol! I just looked up the species you mentioned and they look BEAUTIFUL! Is there anything different about the care and husbandry of the sp?

Can you tell me how you managed to keep the substrate in, since it is a box on its end? I would love to give my A.metallica more space, but she is too small for her adult enclosure, and too big for her current one. I have lots of these boxes with lid for terrestrials and was considering using one for her but i can't figure out how to keep the substrate in and keep the lid locked at the same time. Did you put a square pot in the box for the substrate?
Yeah sure I don't mind! As you can see, I used a storage container that I turned on its side. Then I cut out two corners of an aluminum tray, and hot glued them to the side. That's basically what hold the substrate. Then I cut a portion of this black foam and placed it in front of the aluminum tray just for aesthetics.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Where have you been, Keeper of the GODDESS PBUH?
One of my goals of 2017 is to take a break from the Internet, this site included of course. That's why I've put privacy on my profile... you will "read" me less from now on :-s

cold blood

Staff member
One of my goals of 2017 is to take a break from the Internet, this site included of course. That's why I've put privacy on my profile... you will "read" me less from now on :-s
Ahh, running away are we.....i see P. muticus sales hitting an all time low in the future. Message me if you dont mind before you escape.

What am i gonna do with all these lollipops now??:smug:
Just wait, cold blood, virus is coming your way....

:astonished:Hey! Your first name is cold...;)
Got sick the day after Christmas.:hurting:

Whoa, what? Really? Are you sure? If so, that's fine with me lol! I just looked up the species you mentioned and they look BEAUTIFUL! Is there anything different about the care and husbandry of the sp?
Exactly the same..from the same climate and shares the same qualities...probably why no one mentioned it. But Jose is right, its important info for you to know...especially if you are inclined to breed.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Ahh, running away are we.....i see P. muticus sales hitting an all time low in the future. Message me if you dont mind before you escape.

What am i gonna do with all these lollipops now??:smug:
Haha, you forgot to give him the lollipop for that comment so i did it just in case :p:D