User Bloo's Pictures Thread

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Norma the boehmei is under-represented because she's a PIA to get photos of. She hides as soon as I touch her enclosure, and there's always the risk of her dashing right out. I did manage to get a couple kind of crappy pics of her, though, even though she looks kind of terrified.

IMG_3828.jpg
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3833.jpg

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Lagertha's molt log

Lagertha molt log.jpg

Lagertha the A versicolor molted again yesterday, so I took a photo of this molt log. The first exuvium is incomplete, it was so tiny and delicate and she'd webbed it into her tube, so it tore pulling it out. The others are mostly intact.

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
Yours is growing so much faster than mine! I've only had two moults from Jessica Fletcher since I got her in March. I saw her sitting on her food yesterday instead of eating it, so that may be why...

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Yours is growing so much faster than mine! I've only had two moults from Jessica Fletcher since I got her in March. I saw her sitting on her food yesterday instead of eating it, so that may be why...

I'm surprised she's growing as quickly as she is. I'm pretty liberal with the feelings so that may be why. Hoping it doesn't mean that she is a he... :shrug:

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
I'm surprised she's growing as quickly as she is. I'm pretty liberal with the feelings so that may be why. Hoping it doesn't mean that she is a he... :shrug:
I'm not sure if growth rate is any indicator of sex unless both slings are being fed and kept exactly the same way. Got a moult from mine today so who can say! None of them ever leave the abdomen intact, little blighters.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
dang that molt rate, looks like you may has a little man??

---------- Post added 11-25-2015 at 01:52 AM ----------

I'm not sure if growth rate is any indicator of sex unless both slings are being fed and kept exactly the same way. Got a moult from mine today so who can say! None of them ever leave the abdomen intact, little blighters.

imo growth rate does, but it depends on the appetite, my gbb males both came from the same sack and was fed the same.. but im 73% sure my 2nd one killed them for fun cuz he molted month or two apart normally, but hooked almost 6months later

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
[video=youtube;eGJ0VwTNuTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGJ0VwTNuTk[/video]

The Luggage doing her Happy Dance with a mouth full of cricket. Look at her drop that silk! (Please ignore husband talking about his video card at the end.)

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
And here's a still

The Luggage 12-15.jpg
A still from the same feeding. She usually bolts when I open her enclosure; so nice that she didn't tonight so I could get some decent pics.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Once more, she has vanquished her foe, the newly-filled water dish. Not only did she dump it, she threw it clear to the other side of the tank, and she now stands in victory over its empty carcass.
E9625C45-7AE0-442E-819E-C61AD945EF41.jpeg

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Oh wow, I didn’t even remember that I had a pictures thread. Thanks to whatever mod merged the photo in.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
1617725458560.png
Dolly is here, as of about an hour ago! Look at that little butt. <3

She is a 1" confirmed F T albo "nicaragua" from Kiffnie Holt, just arrived today. She dove out of the vial and straight into the sphagnum, so this is the only picture I have so far. She is named Dolly because of the albo nicaragua's platinum blond curls... ;)

A better picture of Dolly, who has found some bravery and emerged from her moss:
1617732863811.png

Norma looking lovely tonight. 725C2CFB-E4EF-42DA-B545-DF68E28E7B45.jpeg

The Luggage, ignoring her mealworms. Her colors are dark; it’s entirely possible she’s in premolt.
B92F0D2F-AE85-4279-AD3A-74B7C2F0DFA6.jpeg

I appreciate that Dolly is using her hide for hiding... but her technique could use some work. 9ECCDAE4-2693-4E01-B049-4235023D5720.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: