User Bloo's Pictures Thread

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Yeah that's part of what I love about my 2 gbb slings... Completely insatiable appetites. Little piglets!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
in my experience the ferocity that they eat at when young.. deminishes =[ even my 5.66" fem will refuse food every now and then :( and thats on a 6+ day schedule =\

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I've been thinking she looks a bit darker, and my husband agrees. She's also gotten quite chubs! I'm hoping she's in premolt. She hasn't been refusing any food, though she has been slower to catch it. The next that I offer will be pre-killed just in case.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Finally molted!

She's been in premolt for weeks and I've been beside myself impatient. When I got up this morniNg, though, she was flipped and the exuvium lying next to her! I pulled the exuvium so I can try to sex it later, and snapped a few quick pics. Unfortunately I haven't charged the battery on my good camera recently, so I had to use my iPhone.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Poor little critter is all tuckered out now. She is occasionally stretching her chelicerae and legs, so I think she came through alright. We'll see if she flips back over by the time I'm home from work. I can't believe how skinny she is now!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
She's been in premolt for weeks and I've been beside myself impatient. When I got up this morniNg, though, she was flipped and the exuvium lying next to her! I pulled the exuvium .. Poor little critter is all tuckered out now. She is occasionally stretching her chelicerae and legs, so I think she came through alright. We'll see if she flips back over by the time I'm home from work. I can't believe how skinny she is now!
Way to go The Luggage (technically, wouldn't your lil guy be a carry on or toiletry bag at this stage?) Talk about some big shoes to fill. Seriously!
Your gonna give the dude/dudette a complex....

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
New clothes!

She did flip back over while I was at work, so now that I'm home I snagged some photos of her new outfit. She's so much bigger!!

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
She's still pretty little. I'd say 1.5" now, if I had to guess? It's amazing how quickly they grow, though! She looks so hungry, I am really struggling waiting to give her food... But I'll give her a couple more days.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt. Unless you have a really good microscope you won't be able to sex that molt. Way too small to sex by the naked eye.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I've told her, just one cricket a week now. But she's trying to convince me she's ready for another.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
The Luggage molted again last Sunday, so I gave her some time to harden up a little and moved her to her new enclosure.
New enclosure 4.jpg
New Enclosure 2.jpg
New enclosure 3.jpg
New enclosure 1.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg

I added some ventilation holes on the back, though you can't see them so well in this photo, and kind of like a tougher, handle-less KK the lid is already pretty well ventilated. Ignore those condensation spots -- the coco coir is freshly reconstituted, so still a wee damp. I did squeeze it out very well and it feels quite dry to the touch, so I expect that remaining moisture to dissipate very quickly.

She's getting so big! For scale, the water dish in there is from a wide-mouth juice bottle. I know she looks skinny, but that's because she just molted a week ago and hasn't eaten yet. I'll likely feed her tomorrow once she's settled into the new place, as her fangs look good and black.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
Love how the blue is already showing well on her legs. This is the very next species on my wishlist. I'll hope for a tiny 3rd instar, so I can watch all the pretty pretty colour changes!

Thanks for sharing! (but really, how could you not?)

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Love how the blue is already showing well on her legs. This is the very next species on my wishlist. I'll hope for a tiny 3rd instar, so I can watch all the pretty pretty colour changes!

Thanks for sharing! (but really, how could you not?)
Indeed, how could I not??? She's so gorgeous and I'm such a proud mama. Her legs usually look grey/black but in the right light you can see a hint of the blue now. No sign of green on the carapace yet, though, as you can see that's bright, gorgeous orange just like her butt! I love how there's still a slight hint of bee stripes on her abdomen, too.

She's taken down two small crix today and is looking a little plumper, and has been happily dropping silk all over her enclosure. So I think she's settled in to her new digs.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Carapas shluld start changing in next 3 molts id guess thats about how my 2 boys did ^.^ and my MMs both kept a little tiger striping on butt ;)