Question Blocking mean spirited ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
I've been 'moderating' forums since the late '80s on Compuserve. I learned a long time to not enter a forum believing you're it's salvation and sole source of reason. First you have to get to know folks, make friends, figure out general forum dynamics, etc.. In time, friendly debates will occur. Just not best for them to occur on first few posts.

You seem to think this is about 'winning' or 'being right' -- and it isn't. It's about building a diverse community. But clearly you view yourself a victim here. And you're gonna do whatever you want, so do it. Just wish you had wanted to 'ignore' me -- but we can't have everything.... :(

[Btw, if you iggie me -- you'll never see another thing I post!!!!!]
I posted my opinions on handling tarantulas to the OP and ppl who disagreed. Everything started when i began getting accused for starting religious arguments and such.
Because i mentioned "Gods Creatures". I got attacked instantly. Ppl saying they cant take me serious anymore and so on because of that. That i offended ppl. It was an instant gang up and i started to kindly defend myself.

All of them could hav ignored me instead of attacking.

I posted my opinions on handling tarantulas to the OP and ppl who disagreed. Everything started when i began getting accused for starting religious arguments and such.
Because i mentioned "Gods Creatures". I got attacked instantly. Ppl saying they cant take me serious anymore and so on because of that. That i offended ppl. It was an instant gang up and i started to kindly defend myself.

All of them could hav ignored me instead of attacking.
And to be clear, i have no intrest in religion arguments. But im free to call something Gods creatures if i like.

This is rediculous. Why is it not closed lol

There's only one thing I want to know from this thread:

How long will it take before I can have the cookie rating as an option?:bag:
Now i want real cookies thanks alot lol. Is that how the little icon ratings work, you earn extras some how? Thanks man if you can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
To the original point of this thread. Moderators are not babysitters. If one has a problem with another user, use the ignore feature. Simple as that. If a member is in violation of any of the forum rules clearly outlined in the Terms and Rules page linked from the bottom of every page, just hit that report button and move on. And one last thing... DO NOT keep replying to posts after being reported. Just click it off and move on.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.