Question Blocking mean spirited ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
i have been on many forums for many years. In my very short time here I can not believe how many mean spirited ppl and internet bully's I have seen.

From the forum rules it appears these things are looked down upon.

Are we supposed to just report these ppl or do we need to block them somehow?

I've got very tough skin, however when I see ppl come back in groups to attack someone, constantly belittling the way someone types or expresses themselves, I find it very hard to believe a forum management team would allow this to happen.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
You can "Ignore" the offender by clicking on their avatar name in a thread post and selecting ignore in the pop up, but doing so makes you unable to see any/all of their posts throughout AB which makes it difficult to follow a thread when parts are missing.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
I know what you mean. I'm just surprised at how many ppl on here seem to thrive on picking other people to pieces. Seems they are running in groups too. Does management not speak to them?

It's just sad because so many ppl get off on breaking others down rather than building them up.

cold blood

Staff member
If someone violates the rules, then yes, report them. Mods can't be everywhere and rely on people reporting offending posts.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
If someone violates the rules, then yes, report them. Mods can't be everywhere and rely on people reporting offending posts.

Yeah I know I've been driven crazy by forums trying to make me a mod and I don't know how you guys find the time to keep up with it lol. Must be nuts.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Are we supposed to just report these ppl or do we need to block them somehow?
You're welcome to ignore members here -- I volunteer to be the first you ignore. Truly, I beg you to ignore me. I really really really don't mind at all. I mean, I would consider it a most kind courtesy if you would ignore/block me. PLEASE place me on your ignore list. I even welcome being reported. Please. Thanks in advance.

I find it very hard to believe a forum management team would allow this to happen.
We've got an amazing mgt team here -- admins who give freely of their time. I don't see any evidence they have failed in their duties and 'allowed this to happen.' But, you know better than us regular members, I suppose. Superior judgment and all that.

PS: please ignore me -- just click my avatar and select 'ignore.' Easypeasy.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Fact is if you cant handle it, then move along. Weak PPL are never going to get through this life being offended so easily.

Imagine an end of the world situation and ppl are running around saying please dont mention your belief ever lmao. Grow up. you would be dead by zombies while you were busy being offended.
ppl are way to sensitive bro. I got my beliefs and you got yours. Some ppl are so boooo hoooo lol.
Just gonna....leave this....here..........

JDS123

Arachnosquire
You're welcome to ignore members here -- I volunteer to be the first you ignore. Truly, I beg you to ignore me. I really really really don't mind at all. I mean, I would consider it a most kind courtesy if you would ignore/block me. PLEASE place me on your ignore list. I even welcome being reported. Please. Thanks in advance.

We've got an amazing mgt team here -- admins who give freely of their time. I don't see any evidence they have failed in their duties and 'allowed this to happen.' But, you know better than us regular members, I suppose. Superior judgment and all that.

PS: please ignore me -- just click my avatar and select 'ignore.' Easypeasy.
Wow nice attitude. See im amazed that attitude towards ppl is alowed.

Just gonna....leave this....here..........
I just dont think the bullish and belittling attitudes should be alowed.

Im fine with disagreeing on things. Its how i see some ppl here treat others is what im talking about. So yeah your wasting your time. Were talking about diferent things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Wow nice attitude. See im amazed that attitude towards ppl is alowed.
Sorry for any miscommunication:
Just click my avatar and select 'ignore' and then you never ever have to read my posts again. It's like AB magic. Totally amazeballs!

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
From the forum rules it appears these things are looked down upon.
I've got very tough skin, however when I see ppl come back in groups to attack someone, constantly belittling the way someone types or expresses themselves, I find it very hard to believe a forum management team would allow this to happen.
Does management not speak to them?
Speaking of forum rules, it is also against the rules to discuss or question moderation here.
See rule 10:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-rules-updated-12-21-2015.110034/

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I don't even this guy, never had a discussion with him - but will gladly offer my services as a guinea pig while newbie discovers how to iggie someone.
I know, I know, I have too big a heart. My downfall. Just, enjoy helping people learn! :)

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Sorry for any miscommunication:
Just click my avatar and select 'ignore' and then you never ever have to read my posts again. It's like AB magic. Totally amazeballs!
what sucks is me ignoring you dosnt stop you from picking on others. Not that ive seen you personally be that way. But ignoring only helps me, i care about other ppl that get picked on here by ppl with self righteous attitudes. It just shouldnt be happening.

Speaking of forum rules, it is also against the rules to discuss or question moderation here.
See rule 10:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-rules-updated-12-21-2015.110034/
so now you are attacking me too. Listen, discussing management is not the same as belittling and bullying ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I haven't picked on anyone -- not had any contact with you whatsoever. I suggest you re-read threads. Maybe learn some names before falsely accusing anyone.
I only witnessed your posts and realized I should offer my services for iggie-education.
I am always glad to assist is someone wants to practice iggie skills.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
I haven't picked on anyone -- not had any contact with you whatsoever. I suggest you re-read threads. Maybe learn some names before falsely accusing anyone.
I only witnessed your posts and realized I should offer my services for iggie-education.
Im speaking of your post begging me to ignore you. trying to make me look like crap in front of everyone.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
This is not a discussion thread or subforum for that matter. Keep the bickering to the chat section.

OP asked a question, and it was answered immediately. Thread over. I imagine warnings will be handed out shortly.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
my other post clearly says " not that ive seen you be that way"

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Im speaking of your post begging me to ignore you. trying to make me look like crap in front of everyone.
Had I realized you needed any assistance in that -- I should have gladly assisted. My apologies - I admit it -- I deserve to be iggied/blocked.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
This is not a discussion thread or subforum for that matter. Keep the bickering to the chat section.

OP asked a question, and it was answered immediately. Thread over. I imagine warnings will be handed out shortly.
thanks you. You guys already helped me and then I got swarmed by some of the very ppl i was concerned about. They just couldnt wait to go after me again. I never named names, then they showed up. So much attitude its unreal.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking

I accept all warnings and iggies -- I respect admins authority completely. Since I have had no contact with JDS, in ANY thread; I was disappointed to have myself quoted in a thread I wasn't a part of -- hence, preferring he ignore me altogether. If admins feel I am equally to blame for requesting an iggie -- I stand by their decisions.

Eva

Arachnosquire
what sucks is me ignoring you dosnt stop you from picking on others. Not that ive seen you personally be that way. But ignoring only helps me, i care about other ppl that get picked on here by ppl with self righteous attitudes. It just shouldnt be happening.
You are the hero we deserve... but don't want!:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.