Black Widows

Novatsk

Arachnopeon
xD

You got some great info on widows.. widowman10 :) i wish i could try to mate different species but i only find normal L. hesperus and occasionally some different ones when i go to the mojave.. when im there i go deep in the desert and by the mountains then by tehachapi more inland to try to find some differences in them but no luck yet .. i will go again with more time this spring ... you have to show me this green widow sounds sweet ... :worship: and im sure there has to be some hybrids out there because they have to overlap somewhere in nature.. :?

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unfortunately, afaik, there are no documented viable offspring of interspecies pairings in Latrodectus. :(

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
You got some great info on widows.. widowman10 :) i wish i could try to mate different species but i only find normal L. hesperus and occasionally some different ones when i go to the mojave.. when im there i go deep in the desert and by the mountains then by tehachapi more inland to try to find some differences in them but no luck yet .. i will go again with more time this spring ... you have to show me this green widow sounds sweet ... :worship: and im sure there has to be some hybrids out there because they have to overlap somewhere in nature.. :?
yeah, you'll only find hesperus in cali. geos won't touch hesperus in mating and vice versa. so you might be out of luck there. no hybrids.

Unfortunately, afaik, there are no documented viable offspring of interspecies pairings in Latrodectus. :(
true dat. course by viable do you mean: 1) fertile offspring? or 2) offspring at all.

i'd like to see either that was well documented. and i don't hold high hopes. if you're curious (and search), i can think of about 20 different combinations off the top of my head that have been tried and haven't worked. and there's only ~31 species anyway.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
true dat. course by viable do you mean: 1) fertile offspring? or 2) offspring at all.

i'd like to see either that was well documented. and i don't hold high hopes. if you're curious (and search), i can think of about 20 different combinations off the top of my head that have been tried and haven't worked. and there's only ~31 species anyway.
The only pairings I know documented with a paper are the ones Schmidt did.

All he got were females that never laid and infertile egg sacs. buthus performed some pairings too with various species and iirc he had exactly the same results...

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
The only pairings I know documented with a paper are the ones Schmidt did.

All he got were females that never laid and infertile egg sacs. buthus performed some pairings too with various species and iirc he had exactly the same results...
yep, sounds about right.