best earth tiger

tylerf420

Arachnopeon
hi everyone im wanting to add a earth tiger to my collection im looking for suggestions on a good choice i would i like one thats colorful as well as spends some time out in the open and isnt a total pet hole altough i understand they are mostly fossorial it seems

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
I don’t have much ado with Old World Ts but I don’t there are any “earth tigers” that aren’t obligate burrows to at least some extent. That said I like the look of Omothymus schioedtei.

tylerf420

Arachnopeon
I don’t have much ado with Old World Ts but I don’t there are any “earth tigers” that aren’t obligate burrows to at least some extent. That said I like the look of Omothymus schioedtei.
thanks for the input that is a neat species

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Phormingochilus sp rufus is pretty beautiful
And I second omothymus schioedtei

quirinus

Arachnoknight
Phormingochilus sp rufus is pretty beautiful
i currently raise five of them and they are awesome. they act like arboreal fussorials. at least as slings and juvies.
but if you want a colorful non-pethole, they are maybe the wrong choice :). like most other Ornithoctoninae i guess.
but if you get one, i suggest this thread:

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
I don´t own any earth tigers, but I want to buy Haplopelma (Cyriopagopus) schmidti gold. Definitely one of the best looking OW, and they get huge!

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
i currently raise five of them and they are awesome. they act like arboreal fussorials. at least as slings and juvies.
but if you want a colorful non-pethole, they are maybe the wrong choice :). like most other Ornithoctoninae i guess.
but if you get one, i suggest this thread:
I have a juvie and it's out every night and its tunnel is right against the side of the enclosure, but maybe I just got lucky

quirinus

Arachnoknight
I have a juvie and it's out every night and its tunnel is right against the side of the enclosure, but maybe I just got lucky
well yes i see them outside during the night regularly but not every spider every night.
of all my Ts, they are the most reclusive.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Which “earth tigers” do you like? I have no idea what specific genera do or do not fall under that common name.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Which “earth tigers” do you like? I have no idea what specific genera do or do not fall under that common name.
Typically spiders within the Cyriopagopus, Chilobrachys, or Phormingochilus genus carry a number of "earth tiger" species.
I have only ever had a couple so no expert.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
O. aureotibialis are one of the prettiest but you'll rarely see them.

If you want one you'll actually get to see somewhat regularly then C. fimbriatus is a good shout.