Best Dwarf Species?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
A. xwalxwal is found near where I live. Yes they are quite leggy. The US has several interesting dwarf species.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Though I hardly have room to talk (I've only had this species for a little over a month), I absolutely love my Hapalopus sp. Small slings so far. I have 3, and their personalities are all different.

One is on the timid side when you move the enclosure at all, but is the first to grab it's food and drag it away.
20180110_045527-1.jpg

The largest of the three is just under 1/2 inch in DLS, but is the most curious and bold of all my Ts. When it molted a couple weeks back and kicked out the molt the following day, I used a toothpick to pull it. Instead of staying in it's burrow while a big scary monster messed around in it's vial, it actually came out and grabbed at the toothpick to figure out what was going on. Again, a day (actually, not even a full 24 hours) after molting.
20180111_003038-1.jpg

I also apparently have an aspiring actor/actress as a third, because after providing all three with their own rather large (for them) but very dead baby superworms, I came back later to see this one underneath it's meal and eating on it's back. It was only when I took a second look at the photo just now that I realized the little sling had posed in such a way to make it look like the (again, VERY DEAD) superworm was the victor of some epic battle and was currently eating the sling, not the other way around.
20180110_045645.jpg

Plus, they're hardly the size of my pinky nail and already have their adult colors. I love that.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Just when I thought I wouldn’t be getting anymore Dawrf Ts , and you’ve all given me a few more names to look out for

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Just when I thought I wouldn’t be getting anymore Dawrf Ts , and you’ve all given me a few more names to look out for
We wouldn't be very good hobbyists if we didn't entice people to spend money on what they didn't think they were going to buy or didn't even know about.

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
You guys are making me spend all my money :shifty:
Hey you wanted us to find you one, so here you go lol. Although you may have to get a couple more to make that $40 shipping a little more bearable. Palp Friction has a huuuuuge selection and a bunch for pretty cheap. When I was looking yesterday they had P. Metallicas for $60.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Do you recall what makes them a sensitive species?
It's most likely that they are new in the hobby and the husbandry for them hasn't been fully nailed down yet. Just like the reputation Avicularia et al. received when they were kept too damp with insufficient ventilation. The SADS stigma. After a while better info will be available on how to keep them, and the reputation of being 'sensitive' will likely fade.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Hey you wanted us to find you one, so here you go lol. Although you may have to get a couple more to make that $40 shipping a little more bearable. Palp Friction has a huuuuuge selection and a bunch for pretty cheap. When I was looking yesterday they had P. Metallicas for $60.
Palp friction came out of nowhere, but they're fantastic. Great prices, great stock, great shipping, great communication, I honestly can't wait to go back to them. I made a purchase the day before a sale I didn't know about, and without asking they gave me credit for what I would've gotten off with the sale. Absolutely recommend them.

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's most likely that they are new in the hobby and the husbandry for them hasn't been fully nailed down yet. Just like the reputation Avicularia et al. received when they were kept too damp with insufficient ventilation. The SADS stigma. After a while better info will be available on how to keep them, and the reputation of being 'sensitive' will likely fade.
It's along the lines of @dangerforceidle post. Parameter issues like with Avicularia, from what I've gathered. I asked on the Dutch forum but haven't got a precise answer yet. ;)
I see. That makes sense.
Thank you for the replies.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Well, you guys have influenced me to buy an N. incei and an H. villosella. Just ordered them a couple minutes ago. I wanted to order the K. brunnipes, but I just couldn't do the 40 dollar shipping fee. I went with a different seller.

~I can see my money just flying out of my hands~

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Well, you guys have influenced me to buy an N. incei and an H. villosella. Just ordered them a couple minutes ago. I wanted to order the K. brunnipes, but I just couldn't do the 40 dollar shipping fee. I went with a different seller.

~I can see my money just flying out of my hands~
H.villosella is one I'd like as well, i think their long spinnerets look outlandish but awesome :)

Jake Law

Arachnopeon
I’ve been on a hunt for C. ritae for years now, I’ve come across 1 mature male, never seen them offered otherwise. Absolutely stunning little guys, I would LOVE to get my hands on some slings.
I know that this is over a year old but if you’re from the U.S Arachnoiden has C. Ritae slings for around $60 they just got in stock. Thought about getting one but I decided to get a C. Leetzi instead since it was half the price lol