Best Brachypelma?

ECH

Arachnopeon
I would now like to know your favorite Brachypelma! Brachypelma is my favorite genus of any tarantula atm and I wanna know your favorite. My favorite, as of now, is Brachypelma albiceps but closely followed by Brachypelma klaasi and boehmei.

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
I only have a B.albopilosum and a B.hamorii but I’d vote for the albo! More skittish than the hamorii but it’s exploring more and spends most of its time out of its burrow these days :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Brachypelma spp. make up a good chunk of my collection so:

B. emilia for looks.

B. albopilosum (Honduran/Hobby Form) because she was my first T

View media item 48912
Honourable mention to my B. hamorii because she's broken and it's funny.

View media item 48704

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
B. schroederi are #1 in my opinion

image.jpeg

B. albopilosum is #2 (though my female is always going to be #1 as she was my first).

image.jpeg

(Yes she was kicking fairly recently, decorating her hide a little)

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachypelma baumgarteni is my ultimate favourite species out of all the tarantulas in the world.
C1195F64-A1E1-4FCD-AE79-31884FE94A94.jpeg

Brachypelma smithi aka annitha is my second favorite Brachypelma species.
84254983-44C8-4D1D-8F81-9BAB5F88DAC5.jpeg

Joie1234

Arachnopeon
ill go for Brachypelma Albopilosum and Emilia. Feels like albo is a classic and emilia for looks.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Brachypelma Albiceps! I don’t have one of these yes but I am counting down the days until I do, I think they are beautiful and I’ve heard they are quite friendly

JohnR

Arachnopeon
B. schroederi and B. hamorii are my 2 top choices in my Brachy collection...

ECH

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma Albiceps! I don’t have one of these yes but I am counting down the days until I do, I think they are beautiful and I’ve heard they are quite friendly
I have an Brachypelma albiceps sling and she (hopefully “she”) is very docile but a shy eater and a slow grower but isn’t that just a Brachy? But I hope you get that T because they are gorgeous and so sweet! I feel like they get overlooked by hobbyist too much.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
B.albiceps would have to be my favorite. Their coloration is just spectacular.

Love all the brachys though.

Close second would be B.boehmei

B.hamorii

Hybrids can look pretty sweet too. My boy Big Red is always an eye catcher when showing off the collection. Great educational tool as well, to those who don't know about hybridization within the hobby.

cold blood

Staff member
For me albiceps and kalssi are head and shoulders above the rest.

Next for me would be emelia...love the carapace. But all the red leg brachys look great.
IME they react much like vagans...they tend to be more on the skittish side of Brachypelma.

I have an Brachypelma albiceps sling and she (hopefully “she”) is very docile but a shy eater and a slow grower but isn’t that just a Brachy?
Well, albiceps is a special kind of slow growing. Some, like albopilosum and vagans, do tend to grow fairly fast...my hamorii went from 1-4" in like 2.5 years....but the albiceps, they grew at a glacial pace by comparison. Took like 3 years just to get over that 1" mark. After 1.25-1.5", their appetites really picked up though, and so did growth at that point.....but man, I felt like I was raisng rose hair slings....results are much prettier though...and very worth the effort.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is really a bad Brachypelma they are all great in their own way. I have to say that Brachypelma verdezi is one of the best tarantulas I've ever kept, i have a mature male in my collection now along with another 9 species of Brachypelma

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Gonna have to go with the Vagans here. There is something about a black T with a red :mooning: that I find appealing. It is also the first T I got when I entered the hobby so its got a special place in my heart. Im hoping when I get home from work it will have molted. :anxious: fingers crossed.