Best Brachypelma?

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
For me albiceps and kalssi are head and shoulders above the rest.

Next for me would be emelia...love the carapace. But all the red leg brachys look great.
IME they react much like vagans...they tend to be more on the skittish side of Brachypelma.

Well, albiceps is a special kind of slow growing. Some, like albopilosum and vagans, do tend to grow fairly fast...my hamorii went from 1-4" in like 2.5 years....but the albiceps, they grew at a glacial pace by comparison. Took like 3 years just to get over that 1" mark. After 1.25-1.5", their appetites really picked up though, and so did growth at that point.....but man, I felt like I was raisng rose hair slings....results are much prettier though...and very worth the effort.
Either way they are worth it in the end, the contrast of the 3 different colors, it kills me

octaJon

Arachnopeon
I have to pick emelia as my favorite-I don't know why but they always reminded me of a race car. The contrasting orange and black, carapace with the triangle; I just love the look of them. However, hamoris were the first tarantula I vividly remember seeing as a kid and being absolutely captivated by their appearance. I do love the look of the albiceps as well, esp that vibrant gold carapace. Brachys are just a great genus as a whole.

AF Exotics

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
B.Schroederi for me. I only keep one species of T now and this is it . They go through a nice color change as they reach adulthood, so it is like having 2 different Ts. The adult coloration is stunning with a green metallic carapace and black everywhere else .

The juveniles to sub adults have golden carapace . They are pretty relaxed,and aren' too quick to kick hairs as they mature. Love this species . This change occurs with both sexes .